Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

SECOND M/C .. GUTTED

WEL I HAD 1 M/C IN DEC WIF TWINS AND FEEL PREGNANT AGENIN MARCH WENT 4 MY 12 WEEKS SCAN Y-DY AND WAS TOLD BABY DIED AT 9 WEEKS image HAS ANY 1 BEN THRU THIS . AM SO SCARED OV M/C AGEN WAT CAN I DO ?? X

Replies

• hia
    I have also had this. fell pg in Nov-1st month of trying. everything was great until I went for my 12 week scan and was told baby had stopped growing at 8.5 weeks. I then went on to naturally mc the baby 2 days later.
    It is the hardest thing in the world to go through and I am still struggling with it now. I don't think there is anyhting we can do to prevent another mc. we just have to remain strong and healthy and hope for the best. We started ttc straight away and af arrived today so here comes month 4 ttc agen!!
    I hope you manage to conceive agen soon and that we can both have nice healthy babies!! Good luck
    xx
  • Hi. I have had 2 miscarriages as well (one was when i was 18, which is 8 years ago, at 6 weeks preg). The most recent was 3 weeks ago, and like you, i found out at the scan that the baby had died at 8 1/2 weeks. I also am so scared i will miscarry again, but my doctor told me that as much as it is horrible to have 2 miscarriages, it is 'normal'. From what i read, most miscarriages happen because of chromosomal abnormalities (about 50/60%) - and there is nothing you can do about this. Other causes include an irregular uterus (but they would probably have picked this up at your scan so don't worry). Sarah and baby mentioned the blood clotting condition - i had already read up on this and went to the doctors and demanded to have the tests done, at least to rule it out (get results in a week)- maybe you could ask doc to do tests just to rule it out, so you feel more positive next time. Put your foot down because doc can be a bit blaze until you have had 3 miscarriages. GOOD LUCK XX PS I have spoken to 3 sets of couples who have had 2/3miscarriages and gone on to have healthy babies (including my doctor and his wife) - there is hope
    BEX
  • Hi sorry for your loss I too had a mc at 6 weeks then after getting pregnant again went for a scan at 10 weeks to be told the baby had died at 6 weeks and needed a d and c but then went on to have 2 healthy children in 2 years and I worried all the way through both the pregnancies and bled up to 16 weeks with the first and not a day goes by when I do not think of the 2 babies I lost but I get through it by thinking it was meant to be and now I have been rewarded with 2 delighful little ones.
    Good luck to all ttc and hope for a better outcome with any subsequent pregnancies x