Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Fathers Day

Hi guys, just wondered what if anything you are all planning on getting your OH for fathers day?

I have just ordered my hubby a t-shirt with a pint logo on it and it comes with one for baby with a half pint logo on, sad I know but so cant wait to see them in them.

31 weeks 1day

[Modified by: jmp on 21 May 2008 15:27:45 ]

Replies

• Well my other half bought me flowers and a mummy to be card for mother day so I decided since that is one of the nicest things he's ever done I would repay it x my hubby is so un romatic and insesitive most of the time.
  • Love that idea jmp!
    I've not really thought on anything....my hubby is a bit slow when it comes to things like this ie he didn't get me anything for Mothers Day, despite actually telling him it might be nice to receive something!!! He even "forgot" my valentines card (which is apparently still in his drawer at office) & a card for our wedding last July - lost somewhere!!!
    So, he'll be lucky to get anything! Only joking, may get him some novelty item!! I did buy him some "I'm The Daddy" socks the other day!
    Sarah xx
  • Haha Sarah, your hubby sounds like 90% of the male population with valentines day, since thats my birthday aswell hubby best never forget it!
  • Same here, I got told your not a mum yet when i dropped hint over mothers day so he can forget it if he thinks he's getting anything for fathers day! lol
  • fathers day on the 15th and im due on the 16th!! wonder if she will come a day early for her daddy, now that would be a prezzie!

xx
  • My husband asked me my date of birth the other day and then even proceded to guess 2 incorrect dates, he didn't even have the correct month..so he's getting nothing!!! The fact i'm still talking to him after that little debacle is a treat enough!

[Modified by: Jess17 on May 21, 2008 04:58 PM]

• LOL jess, it amazes me that they can be so dense? Thought it was us pregnant ones with the shockingly bad memories!
  • I know, i hope he remembers our wedding anniversary at least, I think I will start putting little sticky notes all over the house to remind him, If i stick one on the bathroom mirror every morning before he takes a shave, maybe it might stick. I think with men it's just selective..take my father for example when we were younger we had to remind him all the time when it was Mum's birthday or their anniversary or valentines but it seems after the age of 59 a light bulb just switched on in his head and he now never forgets, in fact it's my mother who forgot their anniversary this year, I was in fits of laughter!
  • my oh took me to a family party when we were engaged and when he went to introduce me, he looked blank, and then said "this is err..err..Charlotte?"...my name is Claudia!!!!!! absolutely mortified..we left the party after that! and he still doesn't know when my bday is!
    Am due day after fathers day but would like to get lil pressie...jmp, where did u order the t-shirts from?
  • Oh Claudia - you're good forgiving that one!!! What a wally!

Just to let you all know that Mothercare have some bits and pieces in there - mugs, a cute photoframe etc which is where I'm getting my dh's stuff from. I'm having a section on 4th June so probably won't be up to going out on my own to get it after - better get it before I suppose.

Damn - another 'to do' to put on my never ending list!

Karenxx
    2 weeks today til section
  • Hi.
    My oh is really looking forward to getting an early fathers day pressie. He's gone all soppy about this baby bless him.:lol:

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev330pf___.png

• Claudia or Charlotte as you are affectionatly named by your OH lol, I got mine from a website called the kids window, thay had some sweet things, but my hubby is a bit of a beer monster so that seemed most approriate!
  • im going to surpise my oh and get him a card from lo. will put a pen in her hand so when she waves her hand she will hopefully put some sort of squiggle on teh card....may have to do it when shes crying....as only 3 wks!

My hubby is pretty good with dates for us....doesnt know any family birthdays etc! Plus he makes the effort to buy present make card. When we first got together he brought me some gift for every month together! for our 2nd valentines he brougth me voucher for the ritz!!!

So need to think of a good present thats not too expensive.....havnet many pennies left! the t-shirt sounds nice...hubby doesnt wear logo t-shirts whatever it is so cant do that one. the internet doesnt appear to be too helpful.

so keep the ideas coming!xxx
  • im going to surpise my oh and get him a card from lo. will put a pen in her hand so when she waves her hand she will hopefully put some sort of squiggle on teh card....may have to do it when shes crying....as only 3 wks!

My hubby is pretty good with dates for us....doesnt know any family birthdays etc! Plus he makes the effort to buy present make card. When we first got together he brought me some gift for every month together! for our 2nd valentines he brougth me voucher for the ritz!!!

So need to think of a good present thats not too expensive.....havnet many pennies left! the t-shirt sounds nice...hubby doesnt wear logo t-shirts whatever it is so cant do that one.

so keep the ideas coming!xxx
  • i found a mug on ebay that you can get a pic of your lo put onto it and it says happy fathers day daddy (or something like that) my oh gave my a pic frame that said i love mum and other words on it with a pic of me and lennon 2gether for mothers day so thought i would get him something personal back
  • My OH didn't get me anything for mothers day because it was pretty early and we weren't buying anything and were a bit nervous (although he joked that the following year he would have to buy 3 gifts.. his mum, my mum and me image ) but he really did spoil me at V day so might get him something (although I currently have the hump with him for being a nob lol.. so jury is still out!)
    I did think of giving him a daddy card and pressy at the birth tho from baby thought that would be quite sweet because all the fuss will really be just about me and baby! & thought it would be nice to make him feel special too! x
  • Yeah-oh isnt getting anything-he cant have fathers day before I have mothers day.
    I was told Im not a mother yet and he didnt want to tempt fate. Then he had a moan when my sister and mum bought me one from bump and one for a mother to be because they made him look bad.
    Im kinda annoyed right now as well, its my birthday today-he's just given me an engagement ring but I cant even sit in and have a lazy morning with him because his friends round here now talking to him (I think he's just as annoyed as me about that but thats not the point, he could have quite easily have told him we were busy)
    Im not completely heartless though-Ive not got him anything for fathers day, but I have got him some cufflinks that say Daddy on them which ill be packing in my hospital bag to give him when babys here. xxxx

http://tickers.tickerfactory.com/ezt/d/1;10051;28/st/20080729/dt/5/k/9e45/preg.png

• I was thinking a plain gold ring with Too daddy love bump xxx ...enscribed on the inside.. what do you think?
  • i tell you a really lovely idea that I did on my last ds' thank you cards for pressies etc when he was born - I painted the bottom of his feet and printed them onto cards. I kept one for myself and made sure I wrote the date on each card and how many weeks old he was. It's so sweet and costs nothing - have the baby wipes to hand though!!

Karenxx
    13 days to go
  • oh that is lovely! x