Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Come off the pill and a little confused

Hi, I'm new to this site and trying to get to grips with the jargon! I came off the pill in February and have had only two periods - one just with brown blood and the second normal last month after 30 days. However I was due again last Thursday and have not yet had my period? I did a test last Saturday but was negative. I'm a little worried why I havent had my period. Can anyone put me at ease?:\?

Replies

• Don't claim to be an expert but it could just be that you don't have high enough levels to register on a test or it could be that your periods are still settling down after coming off the pill. Some people find that they do take a while to go back.

Try not to worry too much about it - would probably try another test in a few days if period hasn't arrived.

Hope this helps - let us know how you get on xxx
  • Hi Jo-k and welcome to the site,
    Don't worry it is completely normal. It could take you a while to get into a regular cycle. Some very LUCKY people settle straight back into a reg cycle others, like me take ages, i came off the pill in Sept and only had one af since then!
    Best advice is to try and stay positive and relax, stressing about it can delay af to. Also, be aware that af symptons can be exactly the same as pg symptons to once you come off pill
    Good luck ttc and hope you get a BFP really soon.
    SLOW x
  • Thanks very much for the quick response - will keep you posted!!! x