Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Wet pants? advice

Just wondereing, do you def know when your waters leak/break? its just that this morning my knickers are quite wet and have put a pad on now to monitor it as I am pretty sure its not wee cos it looks like I have dripped water on my pants (have a water infection so wee is not that clear) how do you know if its something to worry about? :\?

Any advice would be great? My water didnt break natuarally with my son so dont know what to expect?

Replies

• I think they say that if its uncontrollable and clear and odourless then it cud be ur waters leaking. I wud giv ur mw a bell just to let her know and she will prob advise u to keep doing wat ur doing with a pad and monitoring it. Its really difficult wen ur waters leak, i want myn to go with a gush so i defo no that it was my waters, lol but i guess we dnt always get wat we want. Kerry xxx
    http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev183pf___.png

• I had the same,but not loads, it dint leak through to my trousers if u no wot i meani thought i must have dribbled urine but no trealised it so just ignored it until i read ur topic.xx
  • no mines not come through just on underwear, might call midwife at dinner to just ask if its normal.
  • yeh i was thinkin the same but embarrassed she might say,ummm i think uv wet urself or sumat lol. Im also having sharp pains in belly and lady parts.
  • I have pains but assume thats my water infection. This pregnancy business is a bloody pain!
  • i would call mw ladies thay can test the water i think if you put a pad on and its still leaking. my waters went with a pop and a gush but def worth getting checked out xxx
  • Midwife has told me to put a pad on and lie down for 30 mins then see if anything comes out when I get up? How odd, will give it a go when i get home from work!
  • I think waters can break in gush or a trickle or both - depends where abouts they break. If it is at the bottom of the uterus it is more likely to be a gush as the baby's weight pushes down forcing it out, but if it's heigher it's more of a trickle. Would definitely get it checked out because they always warn of the risk of infecton once they go. x
  • I think waters can break in gush or a trickle or both - depends where abouts they break. If it is at the bottom of the uterus it is more likely to be a gush as the baby's weight pushes down forcing it out, but if it's heigher it's more of a trickle. Would definitely get it checked out because they always warn of the risk of infecton once they go. x
  • My waters were leaking a couple of weeks ago, it was clear, odourless and oily, and there was only a little bit, the mw told me to put a pad on, if i had anymore i had to call the hosp as my birth centre cant deal with you if youre under 37w. x
  • has it stopped Tasha?