Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Evening primrose oil

Does any-one know how evening primrose is supposed to help? I took it years ago for a short while thinking it would help with PMT syptoms, but is that right and does it help in trying to conceive???:\?

Replies

• i haven't heard that it helps conception tbh. definatly helps with mood swings and pmt x
  • I saw evening primrose on the list of abbreviations and was thinking is that something i should have tried, thanks for replying odd_sock
  • It also helps to produce extra cm and help your oh little swimmers reach their target. Only take it up to ovulation though as it isn't good to take once egg is fertilised.
  • i used this the same month that i got my bfp so would def recommend it. only take it up until ov then stop. they are like horse pills to swallow but really helps with cm.

karen
  • Hi Ladies, I think I might just give it a go until ov time, thanks for your comments, I didn't know that you shouldn't take them after ovulation if you are trying for a lo
  • hello,this was talked about a few days ago and boo wants a baby wrote

Evening Primrose Oil helps the body to produce more fertile quality cervical fluid also known as "egg white cervical mucus." This is because fertile cervical fluid is thin, watery, clear and "stretchy" and easily aids the sperm to swim through the uterus and into the fallopian tube, and to the egg. If there is a lack in this type of cervical fluid, it can impede and/or prevent fertilization. Some women are very dry, and have problems in producing an adequate amount of fertile quality cervical fluid. Drinking a lot of water and taking the Evening Primrose Oil can certainly help in the production of fertile cervical fluid. Also, this type of fluid helps the sperm to stay alive for up to five days inside the fallopian tube, thus enabling conception to happen even if you don't have intercourse again by the time ovulation occurs.

Evening Primrose Oil should only be taken from menstruation to ovulation. This is because Evening Primrose can cause uterine contractions in pregnancy. The dosage taken should be 1500mg to 3000mg per day

a few ppl added it to there shopping list,i did and it defo makes a difference iykwim :lol:

sarah
    xx