Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Giving Blood?

Hey everyone

Does anyone know if we're ok to give blood if we're TTC? I'm not taking any supplements to help with TTC, only folic acid (when I remember!!!).

Thanks, Julie

Replies

• I think its ok hun xx
  • Thanks debbiemc!

How are you??? Have you started your 2ww again yet?

I think I'm starting today - not sure, but I think I ovulated yesterday, I had EWCM on Monday, none yesterday, but a little bit this morning!!!

xxx
  • i've decided not to hun cos i'm worried it may upset the "balance" if you know what i mean. This is only my opinion, not based on any medical facts.
    But i always feels good after doing it so maybe i should... max xxx
  • Hi mrs joo, im fine thanks! I ve not started 2ww yet, im waiting to start clearblue digi ov sticks on cd17, i think i ov about cd20 thats why weve been missing it! Im on cd14 so not long to go. Good luck and lots of babydust for your 2ww. xxx
  • I'm on CD15 now - you're cycles are a tad longer than mine aren't they (I remember now!). Good luck, let me know how the digi sticks go - we're trying those next month if we've not done it this month!

Thanks maxi - I might book an appointment but nip down first thing and see what they say. Its a mobile unit at our office so I might be able to catch them before they get started!!!

xxx
  • I think you deserve you bfp after doing such a good thing! xx
  • I gave blood about three weeks ago. Don't think it has done any harm. If anything I think it will do my body good to produce a bit of fresh blood. When you get PG surely the quality of your blood maybe better. Or am I just living in a fantasy world.

Anyway it wasn't a problem for me and I think vitamin tablets don't make a difference.
  • aaaw thanks debbiemc! You deserve yours too after saying such a nice thing to me! LOL

Thanks vixs - I'd love to be able too as its been months since I last donated (was on honeymoon the last time the van was here!)

xxx
  • Thanks hun! So weve decided then, me and you will both get our bfps this mth! xx
  • Defo!!! Its only fair right?
  • Yes i totally agree! lol. xx