Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

first period (sorry tmi!)

what were every1s first periods like after birth??? and when were they?? have been on my first since sunday, started like brown discharge and the next morning was bleeding heavily, and am bleeding very heavily still. a lot like how much i was bleeding for the first few days after the birth. having to use thick maternity pads again. was wondering if any1 else has had this?? my baby is 7 weeks old.

grace xxx

Replies

• Hi, I was just like this last week, I came on so heavy that i leaked when walking home from my sons playgroup(sorry if tmi). it took me totally by surprise. It lasted 2 days heavy and then 2 days normal. My son is also 7 weeks old. Its scarey how quick it comes back after giving birth and how you forget what it was like when you have not had one for 9 months.LOL.
  • Mine came back when lo was 19wk and the day b4 i was sick and headachey, then i too leaked if i didn't change every 2 hours, it was horrendous!!! Had my 2nd and was exactly the same. Get me a contraceptive that takes them away now!!! Wasn't anywhere near as bad after my 1st and 2nd babies as this time.
  • Mine came back when lo was 19wk and the day b4 i was sick and headachey, then i too leaked if i didn't change every 2 hours, it was horrendous!!! Had my 2nd and was exactly the same. Get me a contraceptive that takes them away now!!! Wasn't anywhere near as bad after my 1st and 2nd babies as this time.