Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

ttc & breastfeeding?!

Hi all just wondering if any of you ladies had ttc while breastfeeding or know anyone who has? me and my partner are wanting to have our children quite close together, but still not had return of my af! my daughter wont take to bottles so i csnt really switch to formula just yet and was hoping to breastfeed her for a little while longer anyway... she is on solids now and only tends to breastfeed on a morning/night and sometimes maybe a quick feed during the day. how long did it take your af to return while breastfeeding?
Caz x x

Replies

• how old is your lo?
    ive got a friend who got pregnant with twins!!!! while breastfeeding her 10 month old, so it is possible. i think she was feeding her daughter once in the morning and once in the evening and the very occasional feed during the day. when i breastfeeding my daughter my periods returned at 8 weeks, i was one of the unlucky ones lol
    hope you get your bfp soon x
  • She is just over 6 months now, i though i would have had af return by now though (not that its a bad thing, just would help out for ttc). no af most likely means i am not ovulating yet!
    thank you i hope i do too!
    Caz x x
  • i think my friend got her back when her daughter was around 8-9 months so once they were back it didnt take long and she was even on the pill! its crazy. x
    im still trying to convince other half that we should start trying for another...i dont think hes gonna come round though image x
  • Hi i'm not ttc (yet), but bf my little girl and she is 32 wks (7 1/2 months) and i've just had my first period at the weekend. Tell you what after about 17 months it came as quite a shock!

She still feeds morning, afternoon and evening, with a dream feed.

Rachael
  • i had my periods every 2 weeks when breastfeeding but once i stopped they have become more regular at 28days, but the period pains are awful, it makes me wana cry. thats one thing i didn't miss whil i was pregnant x
  • Im just hoping im not guna be one of those that has to give up totally and even then it take a couple of months before things get back to the norm.
    Im sure if you tell him it involves lots and lots of bd-ing then he will jump at the chance! lol :lol:
    Caz x x
  • ive tried the bding but hes not having none of it YET!!!
    im guna carry on moaning about how he gets to make all the big descisions, he will cave eventually i guess....well so im hoping.
    i hope your not one of the unlucky ones and i hope u get ur period bk very soon!!! xx
  • think its definately something that we all dont miss.
    Caz x x
  • thanks for that....i would have though that it would be something that i wanted to come back so soon! lol
    Caz x x