Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Hi everyone! Starting ttc

Hi all,

This is my first time tonight on the forum and just been reading all your experiences etc. My partner and I are ttc from this month onwards which is very exciting but at the same time a bit daunting and worrying. I came off the pill in March and have had 2 periods with cycles of 31 and 28 days. I'm on day 8 of my cycle and waiting to OV, beleieving I know roughly the time and sypmtoms this causes but would like to chat to anyone else in a similar position to me??

Look forward to hearing from you

Em J xx

Replies

• Hi and welcome Em J! Im not in the same situation as you at all, but just wanted to welcome you and wish you the best of luck! xx
  • Thanks! So what's your position? xx
  • Hi Em J
    I am in a similar situation to you. This is our 1st month TTC after comin goff the pill. No idea how long my cycle will be yet or even if I have ovulated this month (I feel absolutely no different to how I did on the pill!) but now on CD 18 so just waiting to see what happens in the next 2 weeks.
    Best of luck with getting your BFP.
    (by the way I live on the otherside of the world now - I am not an insomniac!)
    Mobo09
  • Hello and welcome!!Good luck with ttc.xx
  • Hi and welcome the the site and have fun ttc!!
    Im at the end of month7, good luck hope you're not on here too long (in the nicest possible sense!) xx
  • Hi and welcome, really hope your stay is a short one, good luck xx
  • hi and welcome and i wish you the best of luck image

K xxx
  • Hi and welcome hunny. Wishing you lots of luck xx
  • Thanks! So what's your position? xx

hia, I had a mc 2 weeks ago, so have no idea when to expect ov or af, just 'playing it by ear' and bd'g lots! ;\) x
  • Hello Em J and welcome, I am in a similar situation to Mobo, this is our first month of trying and I have no idea what to expect, i'm not on CD27 and have had a few af signs but now they seem to have stopped so I really don't know what to expect! x
  • Hi sweetie, i just joined here too!
    I'm on my 3rd month of trying and am currently on CD25. I was on the pill previous to that.
    Best of luck to you
    xx
  • hello and welcome!!!
    glad to hear that your cycles are fairly normal straight away.
    really hope you get your BFP soon image
    xxx
  • Hi all,

Thanks for all your replies, it's nice to waffle to other people in the same situation!

Mobo09- You sound in a similar situation to me, I do feel a little different now off the pill, lots of headaches and dizziness, don't know if anyone else experiencing this? Was considering a trip to the docs to check it out but after reading a few messages re: coming off the pill seems pretty normal. Like you wondering how long will take to conceive, the idea has taken a little getting used to but like many others will become very impatient if not within first 3mths! Anyway good luck with it all!

Jenny Bunny- Wow! Sounds as if could be promising for you! Really hope so, keep me posted. What length is your normal cycle?

Mrs e- Thanks, yes am pleased my cycles are getting back to normal, thinking that maybe the next (if not BFP) maybe 28 too which would be good for checking OV dates etc. So what's your situation?

Thanks to all for the advice so far!

Em Jxxxx
  • Hi Em J.

I'm in a similar position too - came off the pill in February, but not had a normal period yet so not quite sure when I'm OV. Trying to desperately not get too hung up on trying, but rather see what happens first as this is my first time and I dont want to raise my hopes that its going to be easy. I dont know...we spend so many years trying not to get BFP when we do want to you realise how hard it really is.

Good luck anyway

• Hi Jo-k,

You're so right! The times you worry that you may be BFP and now we're hoping to be. My friend hadn't had a normal period after coming off the pill and then found out she was expecting so don't get too disheartened. Just keep trying and who knows! I've only told my mum and of course OH that we're trying and mum's advice is the more you worry the harder it becomes! Easier said than done!

Anyway good luck and keep me posted

Em J xxxx
  • Hi Em J, welcome. xx
  • em j - started ttc in january (been off pill 2 years as i wanted it out of my system!), got bfp on month 3 in march/april but had missed miscarriage last week when i went for scan so had op last friday. am now waiting for bleeding to stop and for 1 cycle before ttc again if i can wait that long!!! am rather impatient though!

good luck hun, lots of babydust xxx