Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Ice lollies

I want to make Kade some ice lollies but was just wondering what is best to use? He is now nearly 9 months. I have some ice lolly moulds but not sure what to put in for a baby.

Replies

• Options
    um....i havn't done this so im not sure but didn't want to read and run.... you could try using baby juice and freezing it? sorry im not much help image lol x
  • Options
    Does Kade just drink normal juice (squash) out a bottle? If it was me i would just made up the juice as you would normally and then just stick it into the moulds
  • Options
    i'd say same as ivana, evie loves pureed peach (i used tinned ones) and they go into a lovely runny consistency and would make a yummy lolly, also things like pineapple, berries, mango etc xx
  • Options
    Thanks girls.
    Sammy, tbh I usually just give him water or soya milk to drink really. Occasionally he has some of that c&g summer fruits juice but you dont get loads so doubt there would be enough to freeze in the lolly mould?
    I suppose we could get the heinz one in the bigger bottles.
    Does anyone know what the difference is between them and just using say a drop of robertsons sugar free juice?

The pureed fruit idea sounds like a winner, I've got some mango, peaches etc in too.....hmm think I might go and experiment. Oh hang on, Lost is on in 10mins, maybe tomorrow then!
  • Options
    I have stopped using the baby juices as they are full of sugar. I use the Robinsons diluted juice. I have thought of making ice pops for Kara but not sure what to do but I think I will make them from the robinsons diluted juice.