Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Scared - Hospital Wednesday

Hi ladies

Well after weeks of waiting, my first appointment with the fertility clinic is on Wednesday and im really nervous. Im currently on month 15 ttc, my oh seems to think that they will just send me a away and tell us to try for longer (feel like screaming at him sometimes i need his support! Bloodly men) He is comming with me to the hospital (got no choice) but i dont know whether he has to come in with me or not? Might just leave him to sit outside and if they wana see him i can go get him???????

So im really in need of some PMA you girlies and to hear that everything is gona be ok and they are gona take me seriously. :cry:

Sorry for the long post. Baby dust to you all:\)

jen xx

Replies

• hi jen

just wanted to wish you all the best for wednesday and you can have my PMA image

i hope you get some answers. i'm sure they will take you seriously. if not then they will have us lot to answer to!!

big hugs xxx
  • Sending you loads of PMA and a (nicely meant) kick up the bum for your oh!! I so hope they can get something to help you grt your bfp. Good luck, will be thinking about you on wednesday.
    Helen.xx
  • thanx ladies means alot why dont i take you lot with me and and il leave the oh at home lol!

jen xxxx
  • Hi Jen, Good luck for Wednesday. Try not to worry about it, I know its easier said than done. I had my initial fertility appt at the clinic only a couple of wks ago and it was a discussion that lasted about 15 minutes, if that. They should take you seriously. My hubby didn't have to go in with me but he did, I think it may be worth him being in there too, as he may be more supportive when the clinic explain what the next steps should be. I was anxious and found it useful having my OH there! I now have an appointment for my an examination! I assume your GP has already done the blood tests and sperm tests?
    Wishing you all the best x
  • Good luck jen, will be thinking of you on Weds. You can have my pma as Im not using it at the moment!

Im sure they will take you seriously after 15mths. They flippin' better anyway! dont take any cr*p from them and if they do try to fob you off then REFUSE to leave until they sort something! (im sure it wont come to that tho!)

Take care xx
  • Thankyou so much

Hope4abambino - Can i ask what sort of things they asked you and what are your next steps? Yes ive already had bloods and oh has had sperm test.

thanks again. xx
  • Hi Jen, they asked me about my medical history and about my periods. I had the chance to raise any questions and discuss any issues I might have had. They already knew the results of the blood and sperm tests which have all come back okay and I was advised that as they know I am ovulating they now need to carry out a follicle tracking test which involves an ultra scound scan , its to check that the process of ovulation is normal. I was also advised that I would probably have a laparoscopy and dye test to check the fallopian tubes. I should know more once I've had the scan thing! What your clinic tell you may be different to mine depending on your own individual circumstances, but I hope this helps. :\)
  • Thankyou very much i think its the unknown that scares me more but youve been a great help.

I hope you get your bfp soon.
  • Thanks, I hope you get your BPF soon too. I know how you feel!
    I don't know about you but I didn't think I would ever need help with TTC and that I would just fall pregnant I am still hoping that it will just happen and maybe its just a matter of time, as so far I don't know what the problem is, if there is one. (Sorry to go on). At the same time I feel am now on the right track if I do need help, I think I feel a bit excited and scared and the same time!
  • Definatley iv have two older sisters my eldest has 3 and the other one 2 with no probs at all and its just so hard everyone asking. I dont think it ever crosses anybodies mind that some people have problems. Ha now im waffling.

Hope you dont mind me being nosey but how old are you and how long have you been trying for?

jen xx
  • Well we stopped using contraception about 2 years but have been focussing more on timing etc for the past year. All of my siblings have children and they are all lovely. Although, I am a bit sick of that old joke about when you are looking after kids that aren't your own kids at least you can give them back at the end of the day, well we really want one of our own that we don't have to give back at the end of the day!
    Anyway, I hope you have a good week and good luck for Wednesday.