Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

1st natural bleed

Hi girls I started my AF about 8pm last night so I guess I am on CD2 but I am bleeding sooooo heavy. It's realluy really red blood as well. I had no stopping or not brown blood and no warning it just came. I felt find last night but the oain today is all here though am feeling better than I did this morning.

I am hoping I wont bleed for too long how long did you girls who have just come off the pill bleed for, how long was your first natural AF?

K xx

Replies

• Hi K-Lou
    I had a similiar thing with my first natural bleed. Was heavier than when on the pill and very red also had a few lumps/ clots in it too (sorry if tmi) .I go for acupuncture and when I spoke to her about it she said it is probably just stagnation caused by the pill.
    Don't think it is anything to worry about am sure it is just your bodies way of getting rid of the pill.
    Hope you feel better soon
    xxx
  • Long, about 6 days, and extremely heavy. Ouch. Don't know if you saw my other post but I was in so much pain that I went to the doc, who prescribed Tranexamic Acid tablets (they're an anti-inflammatory and really helped).

I wish I could say they sorted themselves out after that, but they didn't - they were either extremely light or ridiculously heavy for about 6 months, and the cycle length varied.

Hope you're one of the lucky ones whose bodies sort themselves out easily.
  • Ok wicked I felt really faint this morning just have not bleed like this for two years bit of a shock to the ol system LOL

Thanks again xx
  • Ok wicked I felt really faint this morning just have not bleed like this for two years bit of a shock to the ol system LOL

Thanks again xx
  • Hi, I bled for 8 days with my first natural bleed. Hoping this one is shorter! xx
  • wow girls thats long!!!! I think I use to bleed 5 days before the pill and on the pill was two or three the most. Oh well I guess it's just another waiting game. I just hope I OV this time as I really don;t think I did as I came off the pill.

K xx
  • Mine was 5 days on the pill, and spotting the day I'd re-start it. Guess I should have realised it would get longer off the pill!! I miss the knowing when it will start and stop! xx
  • Hi,

My first natural bleed also v painful and heavy, went to see Joseph and the Technicolour Dreamcoat in London 3rd day of period and in agony! Lasted about a week but also that long whilst on pill. Had second period and not as painful and slightly shorter by a couple of days. Think pretty normal for it to be heavy and painful after pill!

Love Em J x
  • whooppe

My first AF was very light boy did i pay for it this month !!! At least your in limbo land anymore
  • Thank you girls I must say as painful as it is I am pleased I have it now and I am not just waiting for it. I am the tyoe of person who always thinks the worst will happen (I know thats an awful thing to do) so I was sure it would take me months to get my first af back and I am soooo pleased I am wrong.

Now all I am worried about is that I am not OV ha ha ha never happy me!!!!

K xxx
  • Mine was really painful and heavy for 2 days (first time I ever had to buy super plus tampons!), then went more normal. It lasted 6 days in the end. Pre-pill I would last 10-14 days and on the pill I lasted 5 days, and like mithical spotted the day I started it again or the day after!! It seems that it is pretty normal for the 1st natural AF to be heavy and painful!!

http://t2.lilypie.com/aYT3p1/.png

• Mine was certainly heavier than when I was on the pill, then they went really light, and just had much heavier one this month. At least you know where you are now hun, which is good.
  • Hi girls well i bleed really heavy on saturday night and all day sunday and then had a little bit this morning first thing and now nothing? not bleed for about 5 hours? Maybe it has stopped do you think that sounds about right bleeding really only for two days when it's my first real AF?

xx
  • Hi K-Lou

Well, i have just finished my proper first af in TWO WHOLE YEARS. It lasted 6 days, and although it was a crampy one, i felt ok compared to what i remember i used to get like.

I was over the moon when it came on as i came off the pill 2 years ago and only had a very small show about a year ago which lasted 1 day.

So i am praying this is me finally getting back to normal. image

Had a recent smear test which came back with no abnormalities, and that was a huge worry for me because i hadn't had one in so long, so this week we are just going to go for it big time (sorry, maybe tmi, but i am just so happy)

Hopefully you will be okay and be back to normal soon too.

Good Luck x x x

• wow you poor honey i could not bare going that long without one?? That was my fear i was worrying it was going to take so long. I am lukcy it was bang on 28 days but I bet they wont stay that way.

I am really pleased for you image

k xx
  • wow you poor honey i could not bare going that long without one?? That was my fear i was worrying it was going to take so long. I am lukcy it was bang on 28 days but I bet they wont stay that way.

I am really pleased for you image

k xx

I didn't cope very well not having them. I was so upset all the time, but just kinda got used to it in the end and kept telling myself i probably wouldn't have babies.... so now, fingers crossed.

x x x
  • I have everything crossed for you. Did you go and see your doctor as to why this happened? What did they say?

k xx