Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Was it 28 or 29?

Hi

I was wondering if my cyc was 28 days or 29? On cd29 i came on so do you class that as CD1 so that would in fact mean that my AF came 28 days??

k xx

Replies

• Think so. CD1 has to be red blood full flow type stuff (lovely!) so sounds like you had textbook 28 day cycle! I often miscount by a day or so and spend half my life counting days in my diary!!!
    dg
  • Yes hun first day of full flow i think but best to BD on both dates just to make sure of course !!
  • Yes i had heavy full bleed or red blood on Saturday night at 8pm so thats a 28 cyc so far then ? I am soo lucky lets hope it stays this way. i do remember before the pill I was always bang on time never really late.

woo hoo ok well lets hope i actually get soem of that EWCM this month and that would make me feel sooo much better

K xx
  • Blimey if that's how CD's are calculated - that means that my most recent cycle was only 24-days not, 25 like I thought. I'm still ovulating on CD14, no earlier, so I think my luteal phase is too short for baby to implant????

Thanks for asking this k-lou, I'd not have known otherwise (blonde I know!)

xxxxx
  • Thanks ok love i am confused about the whole thing hee hee. How long is your luteal phase meant to be??

K xx
  • I think its got to be a minimum of 10-days for the pregnancy to be viable. Short cycles would be ok but I don't ovulate any earlier so the luteal phase is getting shorter!!!
    xxx
  • Oh right I never knew that I had heard about it but never really understood it. Do you think you should see your doctor? I hear women who have had short cyc and still fallen preg honey i would not worry too much.

K xx
  • Sorry to hear af found you. Good luck for next month
  • Joo, your luteal phase is supposed to stay the same! Surely if the implantation is going to take place, then af just doesn't show up? xx
  • Is it Mithical???

I'm positive I've not got my ovulation dates wrong - the two cycles previous to this one, I got a positive on the OPK on CD13/14. Lots of EWCM too. This month I didn't do an OPK but had EWCM around CD14. Hubby and I have been doing the fun stuff pretty much for a week solid around my suspected ovulation anyway.

What's going on then?!!? Will ring my Dr.

xxx
  • Joo, I was led to believe the luteal phase was for example 14 days each month. So if you have ov at same time as last month, now I'm confused! I'm going to look up the defect you posted about!! Sorry I'm no help! xx
  • Sorry can't help with the luteal phase as I am just getting to grips with this but wanted to say I am so pleased for K-lou that you are getting your body back to normal! I read your previous thread on green tea and I actually drink a lot of green tea as i lived in Japan and got used to it there and I have always had quite a lot of CM! I never thought it would come in handy until now when I am looking for it! Got EWCM last night so although no AF yet I must have started to ovulate so me and DH are bding like mad!! So try and stick to drinking it if you can as it does work!! Best of luck this month for that EWCM! xx
  • My LP was 15 days?

K xx
  • Ahh thanks Sarah image I know i should be gutted it came but really deep down i am pleased as I think i am sooo lukcy I had 28 days like it;s meant to be. I am really hoping that it means my body is getting back to notmal though we will have to wait and see next month?

I have everything crossed for you I truly do that you get that BFP image

EWCM is good, as i have said i have never had a lot of cm and never had any ewcm last month. Taking the EPO now and I have not drunk the green tea yet but I will drink some tonight when I get home. Do you think just one cup a day is ok?

k xx
  • Yeah I think mine is 15 too, although I only spotted EWCM last month, didn't really look for it the month before, so still a bit of a guess! xx
  • I drink 3-4 cups a day but I would say one to two should do the trick. Why don't you try the flavoured ones if you don't like pure green tea? Thanks so much for the positive thoughts - here's some babydust to you for that BFP this month too! xx
  • Joo, I was led to believe the luteal phase was for example 14 days each month. So if you have ov at same time as last month, now I'm confused! I'm going to look up the defect you posted about!! Sorry I'm no help! xx

Luteal phase NEVER changes!! It is always the same length, and usually between 10 and 14 days. If cycles are getting shorter then luteal phase starts earlier - doesn't get shorter. I guess this means you OV earlier too!! Hope this clarifies things a bit.

http://t2.lilypie.com/aYT3p1/.png

• K-Lou...somewhere I think you said you would ov on Tuesday?? I could be completely wrong! Working on the basis of 28 day cycle and LP of 15 days, you are due to ov end of next week, same time as me. Does that make sense?? xx

Luteal phase NEVER changes!! It is always the same length, and usually between 10 and 14 days. If cycles are getting shorter then luteal phase starts earlier - doesn't get shorter. I guess this means you OV earlier too!! Hope this clarifies things a bit.

http://t2.lilypie.com/aYT3p1/.png

Really immense? Then if that's true, we are totally missing my most fertile time - we're starting the fun stuff literally when (according to the online calculators) my fertile time is almost up! Oh my god! Still doesn't explain my positive OPKs on CD14 though...???

Seeing Dr next week, hopefully she can help?

Thank you SO much for this info. and sorry for hijacking your post k-lou!

xxx
  • When you get your pos OPK is it a dark line? Just because the month i used ov sticks i got faint pos on CD9, 10, 11 dark pos of CD12 and faint on cd13 and 14. I was also testing twice a day.

I understand from research on here that the only pos you take notice of is when the 2nd line is AS DARK as the control line.

I must admit i have read somewhere that your luteal phase NEVER changes but will see if i can find any resources to back that up!!

Good luck lovey xx