Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

How easily does wallpaper come off?

Hi mums and bumps
We rent our house so we arent painting or wallpapering our nursery but would quite like to put a nice border up around the wall, I know you can get those stick on ones so possibly one of those but was just wondering if anyone knew how easy they are to remove? If we cant find a stick on one we'll use a normal paste on one..does that one come off easily?
Thanks
xx

Replies

• If you use one of those steam things, wallpaper just peels off, but any paper leaves marks on the wall, so you would have to repaint. x
  • i have one of them self-adhesive borders in my daughters room and she pulled it off the wall in a huff one day....it left no marks on the wall!!! i guess it depends on how strong the glue stuff is and if it will be stuck onto painted or wallpapered wall....
    Claudia
    14 days to go xxx
  • if you are worried about not being able to get it off, let me know & i'll send my boys round! Oliver is 6 and stripped his nursery border off by the time he was one, and Alex is nearly 4 - he still keeps peeling the bloody wall paper off "so i can stick my stickers on the white bit, mummy!"

seriously, check with your landlord - we are landlords, and dont mind tenants redecorating at all
  • lol thanks ollier, I'm sure my 4 year old will be more than happy to help peel it off!
    I havent checked with the landlord but will give them a call and see what they say, they know I'm expecting so hopefuly they wont mind.
    xxx