Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Smear Tests

Can they bring on AF???

Just scared incase this is why i had recent af (hadn't had one in 2 yrs since stopping pill) keeping fingers & toes crossed they return next month (but keeping everything else crossed for a BFP first obviously) image

Replies

• Options
    Smear tests may cause spotting but cannot bring on period!

See link...

http://www.tellher.ie/default.aspx?pid=2&sid=6

Sounds to me that you had a proper af! Hurrah!! Now you just wait for the BFP!!! Sending you lots of babydust xxx
  • Options
    Hi tiny T.- i had an mc on the 1st of may. i stopped bleeding/spotting from this on the 22 nd may. i had a smear on the 28th (which was painful!!) and had some medium bleeding which gradually tapered off until 1st june - thought it was going to stop then suddenly i have my period. i am pretty sure it is not a smear test bleed as it is too much and too far away. it may be a coincidence (my cycle is usually 28 days and smear happened to be 28 days after mc). i did read a post o a diff website about a lady who had a smear which she said brought her period forward a week. sorry - no real answers here, just rambling. HOPE YOU GET THAT BFP