Forum home Babies Baby

More finger foods

Max is 6 and a half months and I've been giving him purees for about 4 weeks but yesterday when he didn't stop crying in his highchair I gave him a soldier of toast, which he absolutely loved! He cries when I tries to offer him puree again, so I'm going to try offering a lot more finger foods.
So, I know he likes toast and broccoli. What else can I give him? Is he too young for cheese? I've got some baby corn in the fridge, could I give him one of those? How about fruit?
If anyone is also giving finger foods, or baby-led weaning I love to know what you're doing!!

Thanks xxx :\)

Replies

• I think you need to cook the fruit so it goes sot first so really you could give anything and veg wise maybe cauliflour? strips of parsnip? Holly is just about 6 months and I give her cheese. xxx
  • my lo is nearly 8 months and he loves: the baby heinz biscotti, tea biscuits, rice cakes, banana, toast (with a little bit of butter) bread sticks, the organic carrot crisp things u get from tesco in the green packets, one of 2 of mummys wotsits or buttons lol!!! he really does and will eat anything :lol:
  • oraganix! thats what i was talking about, they are great!
    and yeh, cheese is great, sam loves it. i melt it over his food and he wolfs it down ;\)
  • those goodies biscuits and organix are so good not only does lo love em i admit to pinching afew as well lol...better then some of our crisps!
  • those goodies biscuits and organix are so good not only does lo love em i admit to pinching afew as well lol...better then some of our crisps!
  • i've been told from 2 different hv's from around 6 months old babies can have - sandwiches inc spread (such as marmite, cheesespread or ham) bits of cheese (like mild chedder,edam) oven chips or potato wedges, chunks of sausages, ripe banana slices, ripe strawberries, seedless grapes, deskinned cucumber sticks, hard boiled eggs, plain cooked pasta, dried fruit (like apricots and raisins), sticks of any veg lightly cooked, fishfingers (in breadcrumbs), breadsticks, biscuits (any plain or simple ones). plus the ones previously mentioned by others

i'm thinking there is more but cant think of them