Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Waking up early but still tired

Hello all, Summer is 11 months. After 5 days i think i have successfully cracked this controlled crying lark. She is going to be at around 7.30/8pm and last night for first time i didn't have to go in her room at all. She did wimper but only for a few secs. Anyway, the last couple of days she has been waking up at 5am screaming. I try the control crying but she's awake and refuses to play ball. She can't settle herself back to sleep. I go in to her (after leaving her as long as possible) and pick her and put her in bed with me and she will then wake up at 7am. If she wasn't still tired i would get up (although i really don't want to get up at 5am as work full time) but she cries because she's still tired and like i said she falls straight asleep when she's in with me.

Any ideas how i can keep her in her own bed asleep? Since i've started the controlled crying she very rarely now wakes up happy. She use to wake up and play with her toys but now just stands up crying until i go into her.

Any suggestions would be greatly appriecated!!

Replies

• Well done Honey, it sounds like your hard work is starting to pay off. I don't think I can offer any advice but didn't want to just read. If my lo wakes early I give him his dummy and make sure he can reach his favourite teddy, he usually settles back down. If his nappy needs changing I do it quickly without any singing or chatting so that he doesn't come to too much. I know I'm lucky that he sleeps so well 7 til 7, he even sleeps if the dog starts barking next to him!

I hope that you get some useful advice on here.

Denise xxx