Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Movement in Sleep

My boy is 10 months old been in his cot bed since 1 month in own room as such a noisy sleeper. He goes to bed at 7pm and settles himself within 10-15 mins. He sleeps in a grobag/sleeping bag. Now here is the question how do I get him to stop moving around his bed, he sometimes looks like he is crawling in his sleeps, ends up sideways, wrong way round, right at top of cot etc. He seems to wake himself up maybe once or twice a night as he is squashed or bump head. Any suggestions. When he comes into sleep with us/me on occasions he is not too bad although asleep very restless with his legs, ie kicking, but still asleep.

Replies

• i have heard of sleep positioners on this website before which are apparently brill for keeping LO from moving about too much. try googling those to find a store which sells them or try ebay? xx
  • lol we have had many a conversation about moving babies! lol my lo is a pain in the bum she gets up and crawls around her cot, wriggles all the way up so she bashes her head on the top! she wakes up crying coz she is confused bless her then have to go in and lie her back down! we took her out of sleeping bag and gave her a cot duvet.. she is much better now just the past few nights.. might be worth a try.. i think its coz she knows if she wriggles to much she will get cold.. where as in sleeping bag it didnt matter!! xxx
  • lol we have had many a conversation about moving babies! lol my lo is a pain in the bum she gets up and crawls around her cot, wriggles all the way up so she bashes her head on the top! she wakes up crying coz she is confused bless her then have to go in and lie her back down! we took her out of sleeping bag and gave her a cot duvet.. she is much better now just the past few nights.. might be worth a try.. i think its coz she knows if she wriggles to much she will get cold.. where as in sleeping bag it didnt matter!! xxx
  • Daisy is 17 weks today and has now beendianosedwith reflux fromabout6 weeks she hasthrashed around rying in hersleep andconstantly gigging around in her mosesbasket shewent into her cot4 weeks ago and is worse, some night s i havehad to nurseher in my arms as i dont get any sleep watching her so uncomfortable, she has calmed down a bit butthat i think is medication and the fact that she cannow roll on to her sideand i think is more comfy like that , butabout every 45 mins which is a babys sleep cycle i beleive she starts spinning round her cot at first i used to worry about herheadand reposition her straightaway , but now i try and leave heras long as i can incase she settles, its doing my head in. i have allways put it down to being uncomfortable andshe does still cry in her sleep but not as much , which is a worry cus will i ever get any sleep ihave cat nappedfor17 weeks now it was easier when she was 2 weeks old cus at least she slept in between night feeds. me and oh are in seperate beds cus she must disturb him and then he snores and then i really cant get back to sleep, i should have known this would happen she was non stop kicking in the womb
  • Neve has also started moving up her cot in the night, am going to buy longer sleeping bags and tuck them in at the bottom in the hope that this helps a bit. A friend used to sew a line of velcro to the bottom of her sleeping bags and the cot and velcro her twins in postion!
  • sam does this too. i dont think theres anything you can do about it - maybe buy a sleep positioner (i think jojomananbebe do them) but it might frustrate your lo, not being able to move xx
  • Sleep positioners are great and we have used one up until now but now that she is almost 6 months she is able to use it as a climbing aid!
  • Join the club i have a sleepy mover too! And the answer to your question us simple, you CANT stop them moving! Ive now bought 3 sleep positioners and none of them worked so they are a total waste of money and time. Not only could my lo roll in it but get out of it completely!
  • Thanks for suggestions he was not too bad last night slept till 6.15, hopefully it something he grow out of have got some bigger sleep bags probably too late for a sleep positioner, but thanks for suggestions girlies.
  • I've given up trying to keep Poppy still now! We tried rolled up towels and a sleep positioner that did actually stop her for about a month or so but as soon as she worked out how to roll over it there was no point in using it anymore! When I put her to bed now she crawls and wriggles round her cot for at least 10 mins before she finally gets comfy and falls asleep! I'm looking at her on the video monitor now and she's asleep sideways in the cot with her legs poking through the bars!
    xx