Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Luteal length???

Hi,
I have recently had the coil removed and therefore we are on our first month of TTC (how exciting!?!) Anyway, as it was the copper coil, I have been monitoring my ovulation with OPKs for the last couple of months, it appears again this month that I have/am ovulating on CD18 (today)- however, I have a 28 day cycle. Therefore, does that mean that my luteal phase is a bit on the short side? The sticks predict that you will ovulate within the next 12-48 hours, right? So that would make my luteal phase potentially as short as 9 days???

I have been taking my EPO and sanatogen his and hers prenatal (not personally taking both obviously!!) and this week we have BD everyday but Tuesday which would have been CD14, and prior to that we BD about every other day.

Any hints, tips, suggestions or thoughts are much appreciated!

Thanks, and lots of babydust to everyone!!! x

Replies

• Any advice? Anyone? Please??
  • Didnt want to r&r but havent a clue I'm afraid.I know people have been taking agnus cactus to regulate cycles but I think thats to shorten their cycle rather than increase the luteal phase. Hope someone can help you.xx
  • Thanks for your reply hjanea, my cycle length doesnt seem to be the problem thank goodness - think any longer than 28 days and the suspense would kill me!! lol

Have been following the posts on here - have you had any joy with your donor for this month?

x
  • I havent heard back from him yet. If he can't make it theres nothing I can do about it but it seems such a waste of an opportunity. Anyway fingers crossed!!xxx
  • Hi hun, I am not sure either though yes it does sound like that time is too short I think it has to be at least 10 days or over I thought about 12?

It could just be that you have just had the coil remove and your body is getting back to normal again?

K xx
  • I think the egg needs 10 days at least to implant. Maybe you should speak to your GP, to put your mind at rest? xx
  • http://www.peeonastick.com/hpt/fertility.html

This might help - basically anything from ten days onwards (then varying by one or two days each cycle). And implantation can take place after six days, so it could be quite possible for your predictors to be showing the 'right' answers.

But stress is the enemy of TTC - so see your doc if you're worried x
  • Hi Hun,

I have a short luteal phase. When I went for my day 21 blood tests, the results showed I was about to release an egg then. I have a set-you-clock by it 28 day cycle too, so it is possible. I was surprised as we'd been really concentrating on bding a week too early by the looks of things! Have a chat with your GP, they can help put your mind at rest.

Good luck!
  • Hi Hun,

I have a short luteal phase. When I went for my day 21 blood tests, the results showed I was about to release an egg then. I have a set-you-clock by it 28 day cycle too, so it is possible. I was surprised as we'd been really concentrating on bding a week too early by the looks of things! Have a chat with your GP, they can help put your mind at rest.

Good luck!
  • Thanks for your replies ladies,
    Well, I must have tested 5 or 6 times yesterday with the OPKs - they got progressively darker but they seem to be one sided, Im pretty sure that the darkest part of the line was as dark, if not darker than the control line though?! Tested again this morning and it has got lighter again plus I have had a real achey,crampy, dull pain/sensation on my lower right side of my tummy, so think it must be ovulation pain?? (I hope so anyway!!!)

So, that would mean that I'm ovulating on day 19 of my 28 day cycle, and I think that I have read somewhere that to calculate the luteal phase you count from the day of ovulation to the day first day of your next period with bright blood, does that sound right?? If so, then my luteal phase would be about 10 days? However, I usually spot for a day or two before hand, so maybe that would buy me a couple of extra days??

Who would have thought that there was so much to consider when TTC!?! Nightmare!!! Next hurdle is trying not to get too obsessed over the next 10days or so - "must try NOT to symptom spot"!!!

Oh dear, I need something else to focus on - me feels plans for a holiday coming on to distract me!! LOL

Thanks again girlies xx
  • Mine is 9 - 11 days, regular as clockwork. What would a doctor be able to do about this? I've tried B6 and Agnus Castus and no change.