Forum home General Chat Products & best buys
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Can anyone recomend good breast pumps manual or electric

Hi

I'm due my second child in January, and after rooting through all of my old baby things i cant find my manual breast pump, hence why i'm looking for a new one

Any recomendations, its been a while since ive had to think about it, my daughter is nearly 6

Thanks

Vicki

Replies

• Congratulations on your pregnancy.

I used the Medela Mini-Electric and thought it was really good. I started off using the Tommee Tippee manual one but it killed my hand and nearly ripped my nipples off so I ditched it for the electric one.

The Medela cost ??54 in Boots and I had my moneys worth cause my lo was premature and I was expressing 8 times a day.

Good luck on your search for your breast pump.
    xx
  • Hi

I used the Avent manual pump - ??28 in Tesco's but as Avent have recently rebranded due to their merga with Phillips I picked it up from Tesco's for only ??5!!!!

I have stopped using it now as my milk has dried up, but it didn;t hurt my hand at all - and this was recomended by the nurses in special care......

Sam xx
  • I can repeat exactly what denise said- go for the medela mini electric!
  • avent electric one was a god send for me - five mins and i had about 6 oz (not sayin that everyone will get that)
    and it was quiet enough to use in an airport toilet!

xxx