Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Tantrums at 7 months

Kenny is nearly 7 months and has started to have some real wobblers. He screams at the top of his lungs, arches his back and becomes quite difficult to handle. He goes crazy when he has eaten all his food (a bowl of veg or fruit and 7 oz of milk) and sometimes just randomly starts going nuts. He had an outburst on a busy bus today and you can imagine how I felt. Distracting him with toys is useless and usually the only thing that stops him going bonkers is if someone else (not me) talks to him then he gets all smiley and butter wouldnt melt looking!

I went back to work 3 weeks ago and I work 13 hour shifts so we dont see each other for 3 days out of 7 which is hard for us both.

Any ideas how to tackle the tantrums and stop them before they start?

imageops:

Replies

• Spencer went through something similar when he was about 7 months old. I was told it was frustration; that he was on the verge of being able to do something new and would get really cross because he was unable to do it. It lasted about 2 or 3 weeks and then he started tummy shuffling around the floor, hey presto the tantrums stopped!
    I really feel for you cos I ended up in tears a few days because I just didn't want to be around my baby cos he was so horrible. I hope it's just a phase that Kenny will pass through soon x