Forum home Babies Baby

Highchair recommendation?

Hi,
can anyone recommend a good high chair? We've just started looking and there are just so many options we don't know where to start!
thanks
Clare

Replies

• we splashed out on a chicco polly 2 phase cos it can be used from start of weaning to toddler its fab and it folds away really neat
  • We just bought the Cosatto Aurora apple..mainly cause it had ??25 off, but it ticked all the boxes.. reclinable, multi-height position, removable tray (with a second tray cover), 5 point harness, folds up to reasonable size. So far so good.. its quite handy being able to have it at any height, and it even has wheels on the back feet!
  • We have bought a tripp trap and long term I think its great but not so good if you are weaning before 6 months as Neve tends to pitch forward a bit in it at the mo. Am thinking of buying a cheap highchair or getting one off of ebay to bridge the gap.
  • I bought the silver cross sovereign and its fab! Sounds very similar to the one Kia mentioned. It was pretty expensive but definately worth it. Think you get what you pay for to be honest.
  • We also bought the Silver Cross sovereign and its great. Morgana is happy in it, its easy to clean and easy to put up and put away after.
  • I'm thinking about getting the SC Sovereign so glad I read this post. Babies R us got ??10 off at the moment + u get voucher with their catalogue, think ??5 so hopefully save myself a bit of money. Lo 5 months not yet weaning, but firstly want to use it so she can sit with us at dining room table and not feel left out. She seems to complain a bit in her little bouncy chair plus she likes to watch us eat now!!
  • Hiya,
    Some people will obviously disagree with me but we bought the chicco polly double phase, and I despise it. It was my partners choice because it was expensive. If I could have taken a chainsaw to it I would have done. I would imagine, if your spoon feeding your baby it would be ok, but I had to start with finger foods, which obviously meant more mess. The tray is far too big to fit in the sink, even my mum who has a dishwasher said it would take up most of the room in that. On mine there is a join (like 2bits of plastic have been pushed together) running all along the length, which is almost impossible to get smeared food out of. Then when meal times over, I'd have to hunt for food in the many cushion folds. After being reduced to tears (after a week of 4 feeds a day) I was really fed up of cleaning unnecessarily when I could be playing with my baby, so my mum bought me the fisherprice rainforest booster seat, which I love, its easy to clean, compact, entertains my daughter while food is cooking or cooling, can take anywhere but most importantly my daughter is comfortable in it.
    Hope this helps.
  • I've got a cosatto on the move highchair and I love it. It's quite basic and fairly cheap but it folds down really small which is essential in my tiny house! The chair is sort of sloped back a little bit but doesn't recline. The tray doesn't come off but I find it easy to wipe clean. I've fed Lily in it from being about 5 or 6 months and will be using it again for Evie.

xxx
  • We have a Graco chair from Kiddicare - all the mod cons - 3 trays, 5 point harness, recliner, 5 multi position slider. Was only ??50 and Sam loves it. Folds nice a small too.
  • We have the chicco happy snack and it's ideal for us, thought it was fairly reasonably priced and Rhys is happy enough in it. Really quick and easy to clean too, and the storage bit underneath is ideal to keep a few bits to entertain Rhys quickly, wipes and muslins etc so I have them to hand without havin to leave Rhys whilst eating to get bits.
  • Just incase anyone is going to be buying a highchair soon - Boots are doing double points on all there's at the moment and as they are expensive double points is worth a lot!!!!
  • lea77! when urs is folded down how tall is it? we have literely no space for a high chair so was considering buying the jane one which is like a seat with a tray ,like a very low "high" chair basically they look great but just wondering about yrs! xxx
  • hayls where did you buy the Rainforest booster seat from?
  • when i started to wean my lo we were in the middle of moving house so I brought a cheap one to do for the time being until I saw what sort of room etc we had in the new house for one. I bought the plastic cheap one from IKEA - it is about ??11.99 and the tray - which is about ??3. I absolutly adore it and so I am not going to look at any others!! I would reccommend this to anyone!! image
  • when i started to wean my lo we were in the middle of moving house so I brought a cheap one to do for the time being until I saw what sort of room etc we had in the new house for one. I bought the plastic cheap one from IKEA - it is about ??11.99 and the tray - which is about ??3. I absolutly adore it and so I am not going to look at any others!! I would reccommend this to anyone!! image
  • Hi Lottie78
    Got it from argos
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3761999/Trail/searchtext>RAINFOREST.htm
    But woolworths sell it aswell (also there is a version thats not rainforest, so without toys).

x x x

sorry thats from hayls, logged in with my nec baby modelling id to vote on lo, sorry for confusion x x x

[Modified by: hayley1000107 on June 18, 2008 06:20 PM]
  • Im definatley gonna get the cosatto on the move the one that comes with the storage bag its really nice and fold down small perfect for our little house! thanks lea77! xxx
  • HiI have the Chicco Polly 2 in 1 Highchair and I think it is really good and easy to fold and store.
  • Hi For my daughter we brought one of the booster seat ones that fit onto a dining chair it has a tray on it and at ??12.99 is brill value and she is nearly 3 and still sits in it and as she is sat with us at the table she eats great and the tray comes off it and she can sit upto the table, we were so impressed with it that we brought our lo who is 9 months one as well and he also loves it as we can all sit together as a family and have a meal and the beauty of these is they are easy to remove from the dining chair and take away with you, we take them on holiday with us and they fit to any dining chair.