Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Snacks

Hi, do you give your lo snacks between meals? Was hoping to get some idea of what snacks to offer to my lo? He barely lets me out of his sight for a second so any ideas that are quick and easy to make!? Thanks. x

Replies

• How old are they when they can have snacks?
  • depends on what you see as a snack,before lennons lunch about 11ish he always gets a banana,after his mid afternoon sleep about 3-3.30 i give him either a snack a jack,go ahead bisc or something like a netrugrain bar,sometimes a jaffa cake as hes a jaffa hound and would eat them all day if he could lol

the snack a jacks come in different flav so he gets dif ones all the time and loves them,personally i think they are like carboard but he likes them,thats what counts

oh also give him bread fingers the ones you use in dips

hope this is a bit of help,how old is your lo?
  • We only do one snack a day as my lo has 4 meals...but she usually has baby rice cakes which she loves and a bit of chopped up fruit. Rice cakes are great, just open the packet and they're ready! Or you could try toast fingers or bread.

xxx
  • Morgana usually has an Organix snack (she loves the carrot ones, though they sure stain her clothes to hell) or half a baby biscuit.
  • I dont usually give snacks as he doesnt get hungry during feeds and I dont see the need if hes not hungry. But if he ever does get hungry id either give him those organix crisp snacks or a malted milk biscuit.
  • I substituted Kara's 3pm bottle for a snack. I might give her a yoghurt or else a rusk. Its nothing heavy as it is between her lunch and dinner. She is 9 months and I have only started this a couple of weeks.
  • Grudie, he's 9 months (nearly 10). He's only on 3 milk feeds a day now and doesn't take that much so I often feel like he may need a snack between meals...just drying up with the ideas!
    Thanks for all your suggestions, gives me some good ideas. xxx
  • we give ollie a rusk, or a pear or banana, or sometimes he has malted milks, nice biscuits, just something he can feed himself with...

xxx