Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

when can I start trying after stopping the pill

Hi

Am new to here and wanting some advice. I finish taking the pill (Femodene) on Thursday and want to have a baby. Am I able to start trying straight away or do I have to wait for my first real period to arrive?

After having read some discussions on here I am worried about waiting for my real period to arrive in case it takes months!!

Any advice welcome

Replies

• hi billie i came off pill on 1st april,n me n OH started straight away as im 37 n we didnt want 2 hang about .my first proper period(af) aft withdrawel bleed came 28 days later n im still waitn 4 2nd af 2 show up or positive test result n its been 47 days now,so i dont really know if im exactly a gud example :lol:
  • Don't think there's a good reason not to try straight away -it only makes it easier to find out your dates if you wait til after first af. I'm one of the ones still waiting for first af six months later so I would say go for it! x
  • Hi billie and welcome. I'm on cycle 3 of ttc, after stopping Femodene end of March. Some ladies on here have conceived without having a natural af, after stopping the pill. It is really the doctors who prefer a natural af, for dating.

There is no reason why you can't start ttc straight away. But please be aware the body can be a cruel thing, and not only may your cycles be irregular, but you might get all types of symptoms too!

Good luck! xx
  • hi love i was on femodene and came off it in november, think i got my first af after about 38 days. we started TTC in january and i got pregnant in march, which ended in a mc. my mum reckons it was because i didnt give my body enough time to get rid of the pill but i'm not so sure! i got pregnant again straight away and am now 9weeks.

i dont think it matters how long you wait its just personal, i wanted at least 2 proper af's before we started just so i knew everything was working ok!

good luck xxxxxx
  • hiya. ive also just finsihed my pill (thursday). we are ttc no2. first time around i came off pill in the feb and was preg before first af arrived. i think it hard to count you ovulation time and stuff without having a proper af but we just bdanced regular and it seemed to work. i dont see me being as lucky this time. hope you get your bfp soon.xx
  • Hi
    I came of Femodene back in May and I was told by my GP just go for it. My advise is to have fun, enjoy the freedom of being off the pill and just have lots of BD. Don't worry too much at this stage about when is the best time to try etc or it becomes a stressful thing, just enjoy and see what happens. Good luck x
  • I came off femodene in april and started trying straight away. They only advise waiting for first AF so they can date it easier if you fall in that 1st mth! There are scans for that though! My first cycle was 40 days and I am coming up to 40 days on my 2nd cycle now! I say it is your choice. but bear in mind it may take a while for your cycle to regulate and also a lot of symptoms you get are the same as PG symptoms. Good luck xx
  • I came off femodene in april and started trying straight away. They only advise waiting for first AF so they can date it easier if you fall in that 1st mth! There are scans for that though! My first cycle was 40 days and I am coming up to 40 days on my 2nd cycle now! I say it is your choice. but bear in mind it may take a while for your cycle to regulate and also a lot of symptoms you get are the same as PG symptoms. Good luck xx