Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Feeling really depressed!

Hello Ladies!!

I've been at this lark since January 2007 and am started to feel a little depressed and fed up with it all. It's been months since i've been on here, because I came to the conclusion that if I tried to forget about 'babymaking' it would just happen.... unfortunately that doesn't work either. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving all this 'practising', I just wonder if it will ever happen for us.

I'm desperately trying to lose weight in the hope that it will increase my chances (having problems with absent af since coming off cerazette - the devil pill!, would not advise anyone to take it.) but even that is easier said than done, and anyone who has ever had weight problems will understand.

Anyway, enough of my moaning (but it was nice to get that off my chest), I hope you are all well.

Heather x :cry:

Replies

• Oh Heather, sorry to hear things are not working out for you. Have you been to doctor's since coming off your pill? I think if it's been a year they should do some checks and get things moving for you. My GP said if still no af after six months, to go back and they could give me something to kick-start them so am planning to make an appointment as soon as I can. You are not alone, there's quite a few people on here in 'limboland' with no af and no bfp. Take care,
    M xx
  • I've been to see the gynaecologist at the hospital, who prodded, and poked and took swabs, did blood tests to see if I was still immune to german measles and then told me to contact them again when i'd lost 3-5 stone. Needless to say I was very upset by this, and did nothing at all for my self esteem. So now, I'm still trying to lose weight, but am struggling with it at the moment. They gave me a prescription for some tablets for provera just to see if it did bring on an af. They did work for that one time and when i discussed them with my doctor a bit later, she said they bring on a false period so it wouldn't really be classed as a proper af. So I'm back to square one.

Heather xx
  • Oh heather, sorry you are feeling so down at the moment. Why on earth did they waste your time giving you those tabs if they dont mean anything???

Im sure it was upsetting to be told that by the gynae. How far have you still to go? Are you a member of weight watchers or similar? its never easy to keep motivated on your own, be it giving up smoking or losing weight. My oh tried loads of times to quit smoking, but didnt really get anywhere until he joined an nhs quit group.

Try and get someone else to come on board with you, then you can support each other when you are feeling down. And keep telling yourself over and over why you are doing this, and every night look in the mirror and tell yourself that you WILL succeed, and that you WILL get your bfp.

Good luck hun, you know where we all are if you need to chat/rant/cry. xxx

http://tt.lilypie.com/FLLzp1/.png