Forum home Family life & relationships Family finances

NHS maternity pay

Hi
i'm new to all this but hopefully someone can help me does anyone know exactly how much maternity pay you get through the nhs and how long etc...
Realy rather baffled by all the litrature that ive read and just want it in simple terms!

Thankyou

Replies

• Hi, you get 9 months off in total and for the first 6 months you get half pay from your employer and then the other half is topped up from stat pay which is something like ??108 a week so it works out at half your monthly pay plus ??432 or near as and then for the last 3 months its just stat mat pay! Does that make sense to you? If you are going back to work this is by the way and if you take full mat pay by the NHS as a employee you will need to return to work for at least 3months unless you pay back to money which has been overpayed. x
  • Hi all,

Well I'm confused now too?! I just found out I get 6 weeks at 905 and then the statutory after that for the whole time?! I have only been at this company for 18 moths though. if your there 2yrs plus you get 6 weeks 90% and 12 weeks 50%. So basically if I have read it all correctly then I am doomed!
    I think it also varies on company discretion - if they want to give you any more?

Hope this makes sense and if I'm wrong/being duped or even correct let me know!
    xx
  • Hi all,

Well I'm confused now too?! I just found out I get 6 weeks at 90% and then the statutory after that for the whole time?! I have only been at this company for 18 moths though. if your there 2yrs plus you get 6 weeks 90% and 12 weeks 50%. So basically if I have read it all correctly then I am doomed!
    I think it also varies on company discretion - if they want to give you any more?

Hope this makes sense and if I'm wrong/being duped or even correct let me know!
    xx
  • hi . mumtime that probably is what your entiled to. thats what i got . i think it depends on the company. if you have been in the job for 1month you will get 90% for 6weeks and the mat pay for the rest of time. you are also entilted to an extra 3 months non paid. i think mat pay has gone up to about ??117 a week.
  • Thank you! I was secretly hoping I was in the wrong and would be getting lots more. Gutting. Oh well, better than nothing!
  • hi i work fo rth enhs i was there around 10 mths before i started my mat leave i got 6 weeks 90% and the rest at satuatory about ??430 per month its 39 weeks paid leave you get hope this helps