Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

advice really needed

hi i wrote a post on here a couple of months ago, asking advice on second pregnancy as i had awful first one and was scared about doing it all again even though i have a gorgeous 2yr old girl now.

I have just found out i am four half weeks pregnant after first try and i could not be happier but this week i had a little spotting and feel all my pregnancy symptoms have gone after feeling so sick for weeks, i am really scared i have miscarried but cant be sure as have had no other symptoms. I phoned a very unsympathtic male doctor and he just said theres nothing he can do and to just wait and see. I am going out of my mind but just trying not to worry but its hard not knowing and people keep telling me oh well its so early its just one of those things. Any advice? has any one else been through this? x

Replies

• hey hun - do you have any pain? i think as long as there is no pain you should be ok. spotting can happen early on as the baby implants itself - i thought you could only get it about 7/10 days past ovulation but i was wrong - it can happen any time.
    when i had this i wore pantyliners so i could monitor exactly what was coming out of me. i was told it was all ok.

my fingers are crossed for you - lots of sticky babydust xxx
  • hi i have my fingers crossed for you that all is well. i was reading on here the other day about a girl who had the same problem and she took another test because, as i understand it, the test will either be negitive or not a very strong line as the amount of hormone decreases if you have a misscarriage, im not sure what the outcome was.
    like mrs_e says if you dont have any pain you should be ok. i had bleeding at 7+4 with my LO and she was fine,no other problems.
    i do hope everything is ok. most hospitals wont scan you until you are about 6 weeks or so as they cant see much.
    hope you are ok hun x
  • hi thank you so much for yr replys. I have done another test and it did come up positive straight away so i am really praying i still am. I have an app with midwife next tues but it will still be early so i dont think she will be able to tell me anything then. I think after having placenta previa on my last pregnancy i just panicked when seeing blood, it brought so many bad memories back for me.
    I will take yr advice and wear panty liners so i can see if i have any more. I have had a little pain but its more of an ache like growing pains than a sharp pain.

I will rest and keep my fingers and toes crossed.

thank you so much again x
  • hi thank you so much for yr replys. I have done another test and it did come up positive straight away so i am really praying i still am. I have an app with midwife next tues but it will still be early so i dont think she will be able to tell me anything then. I think after having placenta previa on my last pregnancy i just panicked when seeing blood, it brought so many bad memories back for me.
    I will take yr advice and wear panty liners so i can see if i have any more. I have had a little pain but its more of an ache like growing pains than a sharp pain.

I will rest and keep my fingers and toes crossed.

thank you so much again x
  • good luck hun - keep us updated xx
  • my friend had exactly the same as you and she was fine it was her first baby, and everything went super, she had a great 9 months after only 3 weeks of sickness!! try not too worry too much x