Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

My pills have come at last

Hi there,
Well my doc rand this aftenoon to say they had recieved the letter from the gynea and to say i could pick my prescription (Metformin) up today. I went and collected them and am really excited about starting them tomorrow. Trying not to get to excited as i know it could still take a while but i can't help but think there is light at the end of the tunnel! So, nothing really to say other than that!!

SLOW xx

Replies

• Aw hun that is good news, good luck hope u get your bfp soon! xx
  • hello, what are your tablets for?
  • So pleased that you are finally making progress. I hope they help quickly. Good luck!!xxx
  • They are for PCOS. First lot of pills so so excited to get started and get an af and start ov. After 10 months its about time!!
  • ohhh SLOW good luck, i know haw infuriating it must be for you but soooo many ppl with PCOS go on to have lots of kiddys!

how do ppl know they have PCOS? what are the symptoms? and what is it exactly?
  • ohhh SLOW good luck, i know haw infuriating it must be for you but soooo many ppl with PCOS go on to have lots of kiddys!

how do ppl know they have PCOS? what are the symptoms? and what is it exactly?
  • Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome its when you have cysts on your ovaries. Common symptoms are irregular or in my case NO af. Acne, unwanted hair, weight gain or difficulty loosing weight but not all people with PCOS are over weight. I've had multiple blood tests, eventually got referred to gynea who did internal examinations, swabs and then had be back for an internal scan. I have multiple cysts 20-30 on each ovarie and am not ov at all. These pills should bring on my af then i have to have bloods on day 21 to see if i'm ov. Really hope it works!
  • Yay SLOW that's fantastic. You will have to keep us up to date on how it all goes. good luck xxxxxxxxxxx
  • wow i didnt realise what that was to be completely, u have been amazing to keep pushing on and you will get you BFP soon!
  • Hope that start to work quickly for you. Good luck with them. xx
  • Oh thats great news SLOW! Really hoping they work quickly and you get your bfp very soon! Good luck! xx
  • Getting the pills must be a bit of light relief in itself, Lets hope they work quickly! lots of luck
  • SLOW thats great news, got all my fingers crossed for you hun, you so deserve your BFP xxxxxxxxx
  • great news.

i've got pcos too just waiting to get some metformin. think i'll go back to doc cos i've obviously got confused.

hey i've heard victoria beckham has pcos (don't know how true it is)
    if she does thens shes managed ok so far kiddie wise.

• Hi girls

My sis has pcos and they were about to start her on drugs but she conceived naturally the month before she started taking them (after a year of trying). I think the stress of it all had been lifted once she was getting help and this resulted in the BFP. Hoping the same thing will happen for all of you.

(PS: Yes, Victoria Beckham does have pcos and she has done really well with 3 kids, as you say!)
    :lol:
  • Oh thats interesting, maybe i'll get a body like hers once i've had a baby!!!!!!