Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

All thoughts gratefully received.....

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone could help. I have been off the pill since Oct/Nov last year and TTC since then. Pretty regular cycles since then at roughly - 29, 31, 28, 28, 28, 28, 26, 31 days. Went to see GP last month to see if there was anything else I should be doing and they agreed to do a 21 day progesterone test to check I was ovulating.
For 4 or 5 months I had been doing the POAS ovulation tests and getting a positive on CD14/15. However, the 21 day progesterone blood test which I had done at both CD 20 and 25 (in case 1st one was too early) came back with levels so low that it meant I wasn't ovulating. The GP found this hard to belive as I had been very regular after stopping the pill but agreed to refer me to the hospital pending repeating the test in next cycle.
Now I am on CD 38, 2 negative pregnancy tests, and very confused. I am a doctor myself but am struggling to work out what's going on. I figured that it's virtually impossible that I could be pregnant given the fact that I didn't ovulate this cycle.

Anyway, apologies for the length of the post but as I say, any advice/comments are v welcome

Replies

• Oh it must be very frustrating, I dont think there is any advice I could offer you considering you are a doctor. Are you getting quite worked up about it and stressed, I suppose you work a lot of hours too? Have you considered having Hynotherapy/relaxation treatment, the mind is a very powerful tool. Dont know if it was a factor but I had some hypnotherapy just before I got married, we did a lot of relaxation techniques, she was very good and the minute we got back from honeymoon I was pregnant.
    Good luck
    Vicky
  • I don't know, sorry. Didn't want to r&r.

It's all bloomin confusing! I hope you get a good response soon x x