Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

what r u doing?

are you all planning to be a stay at home mom or a working mom? and your reason behind your descision?

Replies

• Hi again, i plan on having the baby and staying with it for a while then going back to work. It is different for me as i am a farmer and work on the family farm with my father so it will be slightly easy in that i have flexibililty in hours etc etc. Some times of the year the baby could be with me in the winter when i'm in the office etc. I don't want to be a mum that has a baby and sends it off to nursery very early on but i'm not gonna be a house mum, although that sounds very nice and if i didn;t work for the family firm i would def do it but its our future i'm working with. Hope thats not to ranting and confusing!! SLOW xx
  • Due to finances i have to be a working mum, but hope to drop some hours and work only 3 full days and 2 half days. Saving so i can have 9 months maternity as my employers only pay SMP. xx
  • I'm already a working mum!! i was lucky last time that i had a whole yr off with her and then was only at uni 3 days a week for a yr, but now i'm fulltime and have been 4 a year or so.
    Next baby i hope to be off for a couple of months but unfortunatly now we can't really afford for to loose the majority of my wage- but i know i'll dread going back luckily the child minder is my mil so i know my babies will be in safe hands.
    xxxxx
  • At the moment i have a 2yr old and work part time.When i have the next one i will become a stay at home mum.
    I know i am very lucky to be in this position,at the moment my mum and partner's mum has lo when i work but when the next one arrives i don't feel i can ask them to look after them both as it would be hard work and child care would be far too expensive. I am actually looking forward to being a sahm anyway!
  • I wish I could be a stay at home Mum, but finances just won't allow it! I plan to take a year off Maternity and then return part time after that. I work for a family firm and the aim is I take it over one day so like Slow I am also worknig towards our future so have to continue working. But when the baby hopefully comes along I who knows what will happen!!
  • I work Full time and if I am lucky enough to have another baby I will have no choice but to go back to work, though i dont know how i will manage to leave the baby to be honest xxxxxx
  • i think id have to be a working mum, dont like the thought of leaving my baby with someone else...but i think id have to