Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Sainsbury's own tests?

Are these any good? I'm just doing my Sainsbury's online order and debating whether to get these or splash on the FR ones. The Sainsburys own ones say they detect 4 days before AF, just wondered if there was much difference as they are half the price for x 2.

Bx

[Modified by: Beth24 on 11 July 2008 17:24:55 ]

Replies

• I can't answer your question I'm afraid but I was thinking of buying these tonight as the other ones are just way too expensive!!!!!
  • i dont know either about sainsburys? used morrisons before and that worked irrelevant though lol !!! i starting to wonder if my cheapy ebay ones dont work!!! lol
  • Well I've got about 6 ebay cheapies left to use but Im a total POAS addict and have to do 1 a day! (embarressed) I just wee on them for fun! lol I just want to have them in incase I get a faint line on one of the cheapies!

Bx
  • ooh you sound just like i was!! but i stopped because i was getting so depressed about the bfn's i was doing them once a day too i have about 4 left, so i am saving them now till the 22, 23,24th then i am getting a fr or cbd ,

chloe x
  • i'll tell you about my experience if you like (in april when i got bfp)

on the friday (CD29) i tested with CB and got BFN. But i know that i had ov'd later - on a monday/sunday so i was slightly out anyway. that day i bought some sainsburys tests as they were cheaper than CB. so sat morning i tested with sainsburys but hadn't read the instructions properly and thought it was bfn and went back to bed, but then i decided to read instructions and i think it had said to wait 5 mins, which i hadn't, so i went back to the bin to check and there was a line - but i was worried it was past the 10mins. and it wasn't in the middle of the window so i was worried! so i did another 2 that day but managed to wee on the window and ruined them. did one on the sunday morning and again got a faint line - which i'm sure were towards the end, if not after, the 10 mins. this line became stronger as time went on during the day, and there was definite colour to it. i was convinced it was evap line and spent the day googling and realised if it had colour then it probably wasn't evap line. still didn't believe it though! tested 2 days later on the tuesday and it was BFP with a CB.

so basically they were good because they were cheap but my result didn't come up until the end/after 10mins which confused me a lot.

not sure if i will buy them again - depends how i feel when i'm shopping!!

good luck xxx
  • I used these last month, they were fine. I got PFN and I was actually Not pregnant!
  • i'll tell you about my experience if you like (in april when i got bfp)

on the friday (CD29) i tested with CB and got BFN. But i know that i had ov'd later - on a monday/sunday so i was slightly out anyway. that day i bought some sainsburys tests as they were cheaper than CB. so sat morning i tested with sainsburys but hadn't read the instructions properly and thought it was bfn and went back to bed, but then i decided to read instructions and i think it had said to wait 5 mins, which i hadn't, so i went back to the bin to check and there was a line - but i was worried it was past the 10mins. and it wasn't in the middle of the window so i was worried! so i did another 2 that day but managed to wee on the window and ruined them. did one on the sunday morning and again got a faint line - which i'm sure were towards the end, if not after, the 10 mins. this line became stronger as time went on during the day, and there was definite colour to it. i was convinced it was evap line and spent the day googling and realised if it had colour then it probably wasn't evap line. still didn't believe it though! tested 2 days later on the tuesday and it was BFP with a CB.

so basically they were good because they were cheap but my result didn't come up until the end/after 10mins which confused me a lot.

not sure if i will buy them again - depends how i feel when i'm shopping!!

good luck xxx

Thanks for that. Are they the kind that have 1 line= -ve 2 lines = +ve then? Can you pee in a container and just dip them? This is what I do with the cheapies I've got.

Bx
  • they are the kind where you need one horizontal line in the test window (and one in the control window) rather than a cross like CB. does that make sense?!

xx
  • Yeah thanks for that. I think they will just be like my cheapies really so Im going to get one of the CB types,

Which are the CB ones which say the words, 'not pregnant', 'pregnant'? I didnt realise there are others with a cross? What are the names of the CB blue ones? digital or one step?

This testing malarky is so confusing! lol Like everything with TTC i suppose!

Bx
  • the CB with the words are CB digital (there should be a picture on the box). I'm not sure what the other CB are called - just CB i think! they are cheaper than the digital. i saved my digital last time until i was pretty sure it was going to say positive!!

xxxx
  • Mrs_e - your post about peeing on windows made me laugh! x
  • Thanks. Think I'll just get CB digital x 2 and just save them until I get a faint line on a cheapie one.

Bx
  • lol i was so annoyed with myself. i'd been saving my wee but it still wasn't much but it still managed to go on the window!! so then i had to repeat the process and did the same thing grrrr. i made sure when i tested again i kept most of the stick in the packet with just the end sticking out!!

xxx
  • I have actually never 'peed' on a stick so to speak. I have dipped all of mine. Don't think I could aim properly - think I would just ruin all the tests!
  • theres nothing wrong with the sainsburys one now, but few months back they did recall a batch as were faulty.
    I found they were cheap and did the job, esp for us poas addicts. If early i'd recommend these and closer to the time a cbd, which incidentally gave me a bfp at 8dpo mid afternoon.
    Filo x