Forum home Babies Twins & multiples

FAO Sara 7

How are you doing you are the only other person who i know in a similar situation to me. Im now 21+2 i have been feeling OK just a bit tired and nerve in bum is playing up but got a support band now. My little boy now 11 months not interested in walking yet but really good at crawling. I saw my friend yesterday who has non id girls 11 weeks old and she has a 22 month old boy, she seemed to be coping well and was also breastfeeding, bottle at night. She seemed very relaxed which is good as i not too worried now. Just thought id say hi. Still not sure re pram, might get Jane Powertwin with Car Seat not sure if to get 1 or 2 car seat, may just get 1 and see how it goes, and also looking at getting cheap double pram for walking up and down the lanes where we live. Back at work also 2 days a week for 6 hours each and every other weekend. Finish 14 septtember due to holiday owing and start mat leave 19 october due date 15 November also will be sooner. My son goes to childminder and is very happy there, as she is now becoming a good friend. Hope you OK.xxxx

Replies

• Hi Soda, lovely to hear your update...

I am doing ok, Saul is going to be 15 months (on the 20th) and he only started crawling at 13 months!!! He doesn't walk yet, though is pulling himself up on everything!!!

I'm now 17+2 and i'm getting enormous!!! I have SPD and Sciatica, which isn't too much fun!!! Had both with 1st pregnancy too!!!

I heard that the Out and About pram is a good one as its a 3 wheeler but quite narrow... I'm going to be doing some research on it... Oh I met someone in Clarks (while getting Saul's feet measured) who had twins, she recommended the Out and About pram, but she also said to join TAMBA... I'm definitely going to join as you get lots of discounts...

In a way I wish Saul would go to a childminder/nursery as I haven't had a break from him since he was born, not even for an hour!!! We are moving house on Wednesday and i'm going to look into getting him in a nursery for a few hours a week to see if he likes it... He's very clingy and possibly has Autism, so I don't want to stress him out, just in case he regresses!!! I may wait for the diagnosis first...

Did I ask you if you had names for your boys yet??? I like so many boys names, but can't find any girls names that we both agree on!!!

Keep in touch...

Sara x
  • Does your hubby not help to give you a break? my hubby very good and I quite often go off for a few hours on a sunday morning, and before I went back to work he used to pay for him to go to the childminder for a couple of afternoons a week. How long you been married? we been married 11 years now and never wanted children?!?!?!? but things change. How do you feel about having twins? I very excited. I also getting sciatica, but have a pregnancy belt which helps with the weight of the bump, midwife referred me for physio. Also need to be scanned every two weeks due to the possibility of being id, all this twin stuff very complicated and confusing, also will be having rehus neg injections x 2 due to blood group and steroid injections to help with development of babies lungs as they may be bron early ie 37 weeks. Ive joined Tamba, it says mothercare you need to spend over ??300 to get discount, by my Mothercare will use it on less, just ask. We sort of decided on names, maybe Nathan and Jared. Do you have email could email you instead if you like. Hope your little boy OK, id think childminder is better as only a few children and they get more attention, my child minder treats him like her own, we live in the Highlands in a village environment so he is going to grow up with a very small group of children his age, and even now they all get on and play together. She joins up with another childminder so he gets to see two other babies his own age which is good, also see then at Toy LIbrary and Mother and Baby Group. My Healthvisitor is also very good and is looking out for bits for me, bringing me a cot on Wednesday and other bits. Speak very soon off to put baby to bed, hubby giving him a bath. Take care xxx
  • Hi Soda - My DH isn't that great with lo, I think its his confidence really, he doesn't spend that much time with him as he's off to work as Saul is waking up, then gets home about half an hour before he goes to bed... He see's him on a Saturday but Sundays he plays cricket!!! Sore subject...

I'm dreading the twins coming and him not helping out at all, but we'll see... We've been married 2 years, together 4 years...

I'm also Rh Neg (its more common than I realised), do we have to have 2 injections as there are 2 babies???

I do worry about childminders, only because i've never left Saul with anyone, its not that I don't want to, its because (this is going to sound sad), I love him so much, I only want him to be happy... Once you've left him in someone else's care, you don't know whats going on and he is too young to tell me!!! Stupid eh???

I'm planning on taking him to nursery when we get the free vouchers (3 years old) as there is no way I could afford to send him as i'm not working... Didn't return to work after having Saul...

Nathan is a lovely name, we had Nathaniel on our list for Saul... Jared is also lovely, more unusual I think...

My e-mail address is sara.headlam@hotmail.co.uk, feel free to e-mail...

I'm definitely going to join Tamba then...

Sara x
  • My hubby always been very hands on we have no family nearby over 9 hours aways so I thought it be good for Luke to spend time with someone else, I knew her from seeing her as I said at Toy Lib etc there is very limited childcare where I live only 3 other girls one I did not feel comfortable with and the other 2 were full, but the girl he with Im very happy with and she very flexiable about when she have him and he very hapy being there (you can just tell). She also registered. Also have a friend who has baby 6 weeks younger who has occasionaly whilst I pop to shops just the odd half hr or so. Re reh neg just get inject at i think 28 weeks and 32 something like that as before. Do you manage to get out to baby groups, Luke loves going to them has been ging since prob 3 months old, he is very interactive now with other children. What pram you getting again? im looking at Jane Powertwin plus a car seat for ease of going out and about, plus perhaps sling for one baby if Luke wants pram, and buggy board when older. Looking at getting a double pram second hand for walking up down lane where we live or for in house. Prob use crib which i get off friend for babies, or moses bask if they not get on sleeping together, then cot bed when older or bigger. Have been to twin club up in Wick which was good to speak to other twin mums, try and see what in your area. if I can help in any way ie you just want a moan I on computer most days justineainsworth@yahoo.co.uk or if you have any questions tat I maybe able to help you with. Why dont you try leaving him with hubby for a few hours get him to have a day off. It important to have some alone time even if it just to get hair cut. My hubby had to help a lot at first as I think I was border line pnd and hated being left alone with a baby as I had no confidence in myself but had some tabs for 6 months which helped, going out most days boosted my confidence to be alone with him. Also spent a lot of time at my friends whose baby 6 week younger still her a lot now. Only gone back to work to get extra cash just work in call centre so sitting all day not a stressful job, good being back with other people only got 22 days to go due to hols owed. take care xxx
  • Hope you OK? I didn't say anything wrong did I? xxx
  • Hi Soda - No you didn't say anything wrong... Was completely swamped yesterday, only had time to come on here briefly!!!

We were packing most of the day and evening as we move house tomorrow!!! Dreading it really as we have to live with my mum for a few weeks as our new house isn't ready yet..

She has the internet, so I will still be on here every day...

When we have sorted our stuff out, I will write you a longer message...

Anyway, i'm fine, just tired...

Hope you are ok too..

Sara xxx
  • Hi Soda - Can I ask you a question? How much weight have you put on so far?

I put on 5 stone with my first!!! Took me a year to lose it all!!! Well, I am 19 weeks today and weighed myself yesterday and i've only put on 3lb's!!! This can't be right can it???

I thought the babies and fluid would've weighed heavier than this by now... I'm getting worried that something is wrong...

I have to wait another 5 days for my scan!!!

Sara x
  • Hey you hope you OK. I had midwife this week and another detailed scan on Monday due to being identical. Getting scan every two weeks until end of Sept. At my booking in apt I weighed 63kg and she weighed me on Monday only because I asked they dont seem to weigh you nowadays and I was 72kg . At scan she said both babies were weighing 2lb each. But dont worry all pregnancies are different I have put on weight steadily since the last couple of weeks. I now 24 weeks, although she did say babies were measuring a week ahead ie 25 weeks. Not sure how much I put on with Luke, but definately much much bigger this time Id say Im now more than I was with Luke at full term. Everyone is different tho some put on weight early some towards the end, you will be fine. If you do get big the support belt from physio is great at supporting the bump. Will email you picture of the boy but it will come through on hubbys email ls.ainsworth as his is easier to send pictures.
  • hello - sorry to butt in - i hope you don't mind!

( i have twins aged 5 weeks and a 2 year old)

i have bought the jane power twin - it's great - and the car seats are very easy to put in- both the car and the pram thingy.
    i recommend it!
    its a bit big in the boot though...

when i had my single baby i put on 4 stone!!!! (WOW - i know!)
    with the twins i put on 1 stone only - and last week i lost 4lbs - without dieting. so it hink us twin mums just do not put that much weight on. our twins eat all the extras!
    i am back in my pre preggers clothes - and i can't believe it!
    neither can my hubby - he has a bigger bump than me now!

good luck to you both! i have found it really funny going form 3 to 5 as a family...
    its wierd - but wonderful!!!

xxxx
  • Thank you Bunty, you've given me some hope....

How are you coping? Does your singleton feel left out? Thats what i'm worrying about as he has had my full attention all of his little life...

Can I ask what you babies are called? Promise I won't steal your names!!!

Sara x
  • hello
    we are coping better than i ever thought we would!
    it's much easier second time around. with a small gap you are still into doing nappies. i had only just hidden the steam steralizer at the bottom of the garage... it all comes much easier this time!

i do remember feeling a bit down after my first baby was born. but my twins are 5 weeks now and i have not had a single low moment. basically i have been so busy i don't have time to think - its just go go go all the time. most of the time i am just happy to have 3 kids - its amazing - and i did it in 36 months... though you will beat me chick!

my 2 year old was totally spoilt and had so much attention before... i was really worried!
    but she has coped really well. only once did she lose her temper and be a bit violent so far! but she stood in the naughty corner for 2 minutes in floods of tears and has been very very gentle ever since. we never had a naughty corner before and have not had one since - touch wood! the twins do sleep a lot - so there is plenty of time for one on one. she is learning that when the twins have their bottle she will get her time after wards....