Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

A Question About Rubella Vaccination

Dear all,

I was told to have a Rubella Vaccination before pregnancy. But the question is how long I could try after the vaccination, One month or 3 months later? I am confused about it. :roll:

Thank you very much! !

Best wishes!

Anne

Replies

• im not sure but when i told the doctor i was going to start ttc she sent me for a blood test to test for rubella and to make sure i was protected from the virus
  • Welcome to the site. Found this...it says one month. xx

http://www.cmssct.nhs.uk/docs/Fertility/5 Advice for people trying to conceive.pdf

Hi, mithical!

Thank you very much for your link! However, I found it says THREE months...( in Issues to discuss with your GP )

http://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/html/Planning_pregnancy.html#7

That is why I am so confused.image

• im not sure but when i told the doctor i was going to start ttc she sent me for a blood test to test for rubella and to make sure i was protected from the virus

Hi, bailey_b!

Thank you very much for sharing your experince with me! I think you might have Rubella Vaccination in recent years, so you needn't vaccine before pregnancy.

By the way, besides of blood test, did you take any other tests before trying for a baby?

Thanks a lot again!

• hey,
    the rubella test was the only thing the doctor said i needed. I went to see her to tell her i wanted to come off the pill at start ttc (and i have read that you should discuss it with your dr first.)..anyway,, she just said about the blood test and that was it...she also told me to take folic acid, eat lots of green leafy foods, cut down caffeen, booze...all the general stuff....and not to worry if it takes a while and if theres no bfp after a year of trying they will carry out tests...hopefully it wont come to that.xx good luck
  • hey,
    the rubella test was the only thing the doctor said i needed. I went to see her to tell her i wanted to come off the pill at start ttc (and i have read that you should discuss it with your dr first.)..anyway,, she just said about the blood test and that was it...she also told me to take folic acid, eat lots of green leafy foods, cut down caffeen, booze...all the general stuff....and not to worry if it takes a while and if theres no bfp after a year of trying they will carry out tests...hopefully it wont come to that.xx good luck

Thank you very much! I got it.

Best!
  • My doctor said I didn't need it as had it at school? I am worried now that I may need it as that was about 16 years ago!