Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Advice about Diet Coke etc

Ok - Completely random sounding I know - but I think it might be important.
Im getting to the stage now where I want to start REALLY thinking about what Im eating drinkin etc. So Im goin to list good things I do and bad things I do (other people could do this in a thread aswell (?!?)

Good
I take multi vitamins/minerals and folic acid every day
I try my best to eat 5 fruit/veg a day
I sort of stopped drinkin alcohol for the sake of it. And I dont get drunk anymore when I do drink.
I do excersise of some sort every day

Bad
I drink about 5 cans of diet coke a day - Im completely addicted. Do you guys think I shoudl stop drinking all this diet coke because of the caffeine??
I have a cup of coffee on a morning before work
I dont take any other supplements (my oh is a pharmacist and he insists I dont need to take anything else - guess he knows best) But I want to do anything that might even give us that little bit of extra help.

Well I cant think of anything else at the moment - but the real reason I started this was the diet coke thing - trouble is I LOVE the stuff - sounds wierd I know!!

What does everyone think?? lol :lol:

Replies

• Options
    i know that research suggests that large amounts of caffeine when ttc are a no no. Think the upper limit is 6 cans a day diet or not(with your coffee you exceed that level prob).
    Maybe try and alternate with the caffeine free version and then to just have couple a day.
    Fingers crossed this helps. Babydust
    Filo x
  • Options
    i should listen to this aswell as i can get through anything up to 2litres of diet coke a day!
  • Options
    Don't think its just the caffine that is bad for you with Diet drinks the aspartamine (sp?) that they use to sweeten it is bad for pg because i think (don't quote me on this) but it can lead to miscarriage is consumed in excess. Read this somewhere on tinternet.

I try to eat lots of fruit and veg a day and am very active at work i also horse ride about 4 times a week. I have switched to wholegrain everything and tried to substiture sweet potatoes for some normal potatoes. I've stopped alchol completely mostly because i can't drink whilst on Metfromin.

Sxx
  • Options
    I know its bad for me - its my only vice... lol

I dont smoke I dont drink I dont eat much chocolate, so when I look at it like that it doesnt seem that bad........ But I will definately stop drinking it when I start taking clomid. I dont want to risk anything after all these months of trying!!
    Has anybody else given anything up to ttc or changed their diet?
  • Options
    hi hun, i've given up caffine completley, don't drink coffee anyway, but have caffine free tea and don't drink coke at all now. My gp advised no more then four cups of coffee a day whilst ttc, not sure what this equals in coke. If i was you i would try to cut down on the coke (however i'm a bit parinoid about things like this now, as have had two mc's). I've also started eating more fruit and veg and just eat a healthier diet