Forum home General Chat Products & best buys
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

nursing chairs...worth the money or not?

Im due in October and am currently debating wether or not to get a nursing chair for feeding in babies nursey. Does anyone already have one and find them useful or a complete waste of space?
They seem quite expensive with the foot stool and was wondering if one of those IKEA poang chairs with footstool would do instead?

Any advice ? xxxxx

Replies

• I've got a Dutailer chair downstairs and one of the Ikea ones upstairs. They are actually both really comfy to feed in, the Dutailer one has arms at a nice height to rest your arms on but the Ikea one is better if you want to rest lo on a nursing pillow as the arms are lower. If you do decide to get the Dutailer one don't get it from Mothercare, Kiddicare (www.kiddicare.co.uk) are much cheaper and have a much wider choice of colours. Hope that helps
    xx
  • Hi I was unsure about whether to get one or not and was tempted by an ikea one (based on price) but they didnt feel very sturdy. Going off a recommendation on here I am ordering the following

http://www.mums2b.co.uk/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=3&cat=Chairs

I looked loads of places and cant believe the price of some of them!!!
  • Im due in October and am currently debating wether or not to get a nursing chair for feeding in babies nursey. Does anyone already have one and find them useful or a complete waste of space?
    They seem quite expensive with the foot stool and was wondering if one of those IKEA poang chairs with footstool would do instead?

Any advice ? xxxxx

Hi i am due my second baby on the 29th of this month and didnt have a feeding chair with my first baby but my friend breast fed her daughter and she had one, she said that it was a god send as sitting on the couch for long periods gave her a really sore back. I have bought a babylo swivel deluxe with footstool and it was a bit expensive but its not something that will only be for a few months, its cream and pine and it will look lovely in my daughters bedroom after i have finished using it so will hopefully get a few years out of it. My partner actually sits on it to read the paper and he loves it, think we might have to buy another one!!!!

Hope that helps a bit and good luck with your baby xxxxxxxxxxx

• we have bought the ikea chair and a friend of mine had the ikea one too

i didn't want to spend as much money as the dutalier chair and the ikea one looked a bit more contemporary to put in our den as a comfy chair later on

still in the box though at the moment!
  • I bought a nursing chair off ebay about ??150 with foot stall worth every penny I think. Boy knows that when we go into his room at night and sit in the chair that it is bottle and bed time. Also very supportive for sitting in when pregnant.