Forum home General Chat Products & best buys
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Maclaren Techno XLR

Hi
We are trying to decide what travel system to buy in advance of our little one arriving. The Maclaren XLR gets a good write up in the Which magazine, but it would be good to hear from anyone using it for real how they have found it.
Thanks

Replies

• I have just received my Maclaren Techno XLR and love it. TBH I've only taken it for a quick spin around the block but it seems a joy to use and my wee boy looks so comfy in it. I had a Chicco travel system before but it was huge, heavy and took up loads of room in the boot of my car. The XLR is quite tall though so check that it fits in your boot before buying. Mine fits in fine (Nissan Almera) and leaves tons more space than the chicco did. It fold up nice and small, is really light to push and easy to get up and down kerbs. I haven't taken it off road yet but I can't imagine it being a problem. I didn't get the car seat to make it into a travel system though. I was actually going to get the XT but when I realised the footmuff etc were included with the XLR I went for it instead. Its quite expensive for a buggy but I can imagine myself using it for years so its well worth the money. In hindsight I think a good buggy and a separate carseat is far more user friendly than a big, expensive, heavy and bulky travel system.
  • I'm planning on getting one too. All my friends with lo's have suggested not splashing out on a really expensive travel system but wiating and investing in a good McLaren instead. So we've borrowed a M&P pramette and I've ordered a mcLaren for when baby is a bit older. Everyone I know that has one thinks they are fab. S x
  • The bonus of the XLR over other buggies is that it lies flat so is suitable for newborns too!
  • Hi, my lo is 2 and i have had about 10 different buggies and prams since she was born (pramoholic!) and the xlr was my absolute fave of all time. Amazing to push extra comfy for lo.

Lisa x