Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 08

Feel so down - why can't I loose any weight!?!?

Zac is 9 weeks old today and I still have so much weight to loose - its just not coming off!

What am I doing wrong!?!

I weight 12st 4 - and before I feel pg was about 10st and ever that was more than I should be as I am only 5ft 3 so ideally should be in the low 9's... I feel like such a blob and don't know what to do about it.

I'm trying to eat better and exercise when I can (altho don't get to do as much as I'd like due to obvious reasons)... I feel so alone as everyone I know who has had babies (and that isn't that many people) is uber skinny!

I'm so happy in every other way - I love being a mum, my awful birth memories are fading, my third degree tear has heeled really well, I have a great baby - so am i being selfish feeling this way!?!?!

I just want to be me again!

:cry:

Replies

• NO UR NOT BEING SELFISH. my weights dropping off but i would love to loose more. i was origanally a size 12-14 but went up to an 18 im now down to a size 16, can squeeze into my jeans but i but want to get down to what i origanally was.

U'll get there its still early days! Always remember to eat breakki - it kick starts ur metabolism for the day and never eat too late at night (thats my problem) as ur not doing anything to burn off the calories.
    Dont starve urself as ur body fights harder to keep the calories/fat that u already have on ur body.

Im not gonna worry too much about it. Got too much else to stress about LOL.

Uv had a hard time with ur labour and have only just started to heal properly. I say give urself a break! Im sure you are loosing weight but not realising it as much as ur not ur pre-pg weight. Good luck.

Elaine xx

[Modified by: brandollarz on August 28, 2008 11:32 AM]

• Hi Amylou81

I'm exactly the same as you (although am 5'5)!

I have rejoined Slimming World just a couple of weeks ago & have already lost nearly half a stone. I am now 12 stone 6 and want to get right back down to around the 9stone mark (which is what i was when i got married in July 07 - i'd gone Slimming World for that)!

Its really depressing, espcially when ur mates are all slim! We went out on Friday to wet the babies head - i felt enormous in comparison to them & hated every minute of it, just wanted to come home all evening!

However, i'm sure you (& the rest of us) will do it. I'm v impatient & want it all now, but have come to realise with losing weight its just not gonna happen that way.

Are you able to join Slimming World/Weight Watchers/Rosemary Conley? I know my group don't mind if LO comes too, so no need for a babysitter. Its also good to meet with likeminded people who support each other.

Sarahxx
  • ur probably sick of hearing it but it took 9 months to put it on so u need to give urself just aslong to get rid of it. saying that im sick of being this big n am doing all i can to get weight off but not much luck xxxxxxxxxx
  • SNAP, i feel just the same, its crap my pre pg clothes (the ones which fit!) make me look 2 fat for them and my pg clothes still make me look pg agghhhhh
    ive also tried eating better but not noticed anything happening so want 2 find a good keep fit class, maybe some water stuff or kick boxing?? need 2 look into it.
    our bodies have produced such beautiful babies and have put so much pressure on them it will take some time. in the mean time i have gone for very attractive bridget jones knickers as im the only one who no's their there!! xxx
  • thanks guys, its nice to know I'm not the only one feeling like this... I just get so frustrated as don't want my unhappiness at this aspect to get in the way of enjoying my time with Zac! I'm maid of honour for my best friend next sept too and I know its still a whole year away but I know its only a matter of time before she will want us to start looking for dresses etc and when the other two girls are super slim I'm just dreading it!

I'm starting today a fresh... I used to do the Tesco GI diet online so have all the old recipes and am going to follow it to the letter and try and exercise as much as I can (even if its just a walk with Zac)... would love to join something properly but its money we don't really have right now!

I have completely stopped bf'ing now too - have gradually been dropping feeds over last couple of weeks and my milk supply seems to be decreasing so if that was a factor it shouldn't get in the way anymore (that wasn't my reason for giving up feeding btw - i'm not that selfish!lol)....

Right I'm off for a banana (god I wish it was a choc coated one!)...

Amy xxx

PS I know we kind of mentioned it/started this before but would anyone be up for a weekly weigh in (to spur each other on with the weight loss and exercise etc) - we could start a thread especially for weight and ex exercise related chat etc and be each others motivators???

[Modified by: amylou81 on August 29, 2008 11:49 AM]

• Hi, it's so nice to realise others are in the same position and its not just me! I put on loads during pregnancy and was overweight when I fell pregnant so have got about 4 stone to lose now. It makes me cry thinking about so much to lose. I've just started weight watchers and lost 7lbs in 2 weeks then had a nightmare week with the kids and put in 1.5lbs on the 3rd week but I'm back on track now. The new weight watchers core plan is so simple and you wouldn't need to join a class to follow it. You simply eat 3 meals a day until you are full (not stuffed) any can only pick in between on fresh fruit and vegetables. The meals you can eat whateer you like from a massive list which include lean meat, fish, fruit, veg, cereals, pasta, brown rice etc etc. If you would like a copy of the list let me know. Good Luck all of you. Leila x :roll:
  • Northern lass i would like the list, bout to start dieting but need to make sure i take enough cals as still breastfeeding my lo

cheers

tracey
  • ooh yeah I'll take a look at that list too please?

xx
  • Hiya Northernlass!

I wouldnt mind knowing more about the new weightwatchers!

I did it before when it was points and really struggled because if I fancied a little snack (even fruit) in the evening I was out of points gggrrrrr!!

By the way - I have 4 - 5 stone that I want to lose by October next year when I hit the big 40!!!

Is this one easier to follow??

Love Lee
    xxxxx
  • Hi ladies, I find it so much easier than the points version, which you can still do and if you like you can do a week of points and then week of core etc but can't mix the two within one week if that makes sense?

Core plan means just eating 3 meals a day and finding your comfort zone, so eating until you are full and not still hungry and not stuffed.

On the points plan the trouble is I still allowed myself chocolate and such rubbish! image The idea of this plan is that you only eat healthy food.

I must admit though I always eat my Sunday dinner exactly as I always have I enjoy it far too much and we do have a take away once every 2 weeks but I'm a lot more sensible with those choices as well. Besides you have still got to enjoy your life haven't you. image

There is a fairly big list so I'll start typing it up now and if you would like a copy send me and email to leilaharris73@hotmail.co.uk

It's so nice to get the support of others. I've been tearing my hair out the last couple of days with the kids. My 12 week old son is a saint and my daughters, 7 and 2 1/2 are been little monkeys!

Leila x
  • HERE YOU GO LADIES HERE'S A BRIEF LIST OF WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT. COPIED AND PASTED IT FOR YOU I KNOW WE DON'T LIKE GIVING OUT OUR EMAIL ADDRESSES.

ANY QUESTIONS GIVE ME A SHOUT I GO TO THE CLASSES ON A TUESDAY MORNING AND USE THE ON LINE HELP ETC.

GOOD LUCK AND KEEP IN TOUCH PLEASE X X X

WEIGHT WATCHERS

THE CORE PLAN

BAKERY AND CEREALS
    NON SUGARY BREAKFAST CEREAL
    PORRIDGE OATS
    WHOLEWHEAT CRISPBREADS

DAIRY AND EGGS
    COTTAGE CHEESE
    EGGS
    LOW FAT - FROMAGE FRAIS / FRUIT YOGHURT/ NATURAL YOUGHURT / SOFT CHEESE
    SKIMMED MILK

FISH, MEAT, POULTRY & VEGETARIAN ALTERNATIVES
    CHICKEN BREAST OR QUORN PIECES
    CHICKEN LEG QUARTER OR QUORN FILLETS
    EXTRA LEAN BEEF MINCE OR QUORN MINCE
    PORK CHOP OR RUMP STEAK OR QUORN FILLET
    PORK, BEEF OR CHICKEN FOR ROASTING
    PRAWNS
    SALMON FILLET OR TUNA STEAK OR ANY FISH OF YOUR CHOICE
    SMOKED MACKEREL FILLETS
    WAFER THIN HAM

STORE CUPBOARD / FREEZER
    BAKED BEANS
    BROWN OR WILD RICE
    CHILLI POWDER
    COUSCOUS
    FAT FREE SALAD DRESSING
    GRAVY POWDER / GRANULES
    OLIVE OIL
    PINEAPPLE CHUNKS IN JUICE
    SOY SAUCE
    TINNED CHICK PEAS
    TINNED FRUIT COCKTAIL IN JUICE
    TINNED KIDNEY BEANS
    TINNED PEACHES IN JUICE
    TINNED TOMATOES
    TINNED TUNA IN BRINE
    VINEGAR
    WHOLEWHEAT PASTA
    OLIVES IN BRINE
    SWEETCORN
    POTATOES
    PEAS
    MUSHROOMS
    EGGS
    MOST FRESH VEGETABLES AND FRUIT

I FIND I HAVE A BOWL OF CEREAL USUALLY SPECIAL K WITH SKIMMED MILK FOR BREAKFAST - YOU COULD EVEN HAVE GRILLED LEAN BACK RINDLESS BACON WITH AN EGG (POACHED OR FRIED IN LOW FAT COOKING SPRAY) BAKED BEANS AND MUSHROOMS!

MID MORNING HAVE A PIECE OF FRUIT

LUNCH EITHER SOUP OR SALAL OR JACKET POTATO FOLLOWED BY A YOGHURT

MID AFTERNOON HAVE ANOTHER PIECE OF FRUIT

DINNER ALL SORTS REALLY - SPAG BOLS, CHILLI, MEAT & VEG, MEAT & SALADS, CASSEROLE, PASTA WITH PRAWNS/SALMON

IN ADDITION TO THIS YOU GET 21 POINTS YOU CAN USE EACH WEEK AND YOU CAN STILL GAIN MORE POINTS WITH EXERCISE ETC.

I THINK IT HELPS A LOT WHEN I DON'T EAT BREAD.
  • GIVE ME A SHOUT AND KEEP IN TOUCH LADIES WITH HOW YOU ARE GETTING ON.

I DO STRUGGLE WITH MY DOWN DAYS STILL AND STUPIDLY TURN TO FOOD!

ITS A BIG BOOST IF YOU CAN GET TO A CLASS, EACH 7 POUNDS YOU LOSE YOU GET GIVEN A 'SILVER 7' STICKER IN FRONT OF THE WHOLE CLASS AND IT MAKES YOU FEEL REALLY GOOD.

I KNOW PEOPLE SAY IT TAKES 9 MONTHS TO GET LIKE THIS AND WIL PROBABLY TAKE LONGER TO LOSE BUT I REALLY DONT LIKE BEEN OVERWEIGHT WHEN ITS SO HARD TO FIND NICE CLOTHES!

I'M ON THE VERGE OF GETTING INTO AN 18 NOW SO REALLY CHUFFED WITH MYSELF. JUST TO GET DOWN TO A 16 WOULD BE FANTASTIC.

LEILA X
  • Hi,
    I started putting on a lot of weight especially on my thighs and bottom in my late thirties.People used to glare at me when I went out and I really wanted to do something about it. I started exercising as often as possible and also cut down on a lot of high calorie stuff. Unfortunately I hardly managed to lose any weight at all. I then recently read an article by a lady who claimed that she managed to lose nearly half of her weight using a particular weight loss product. I tried it out and it actually worked really well. Within 4 months I managed to shave off 65 pounds completely. The results were pretty amazing and I feel so much healthier and energetic now without having to carry all that extra weight around. You can read more about the lady's article at the link below

http://obesenomore.wordpress.com/