Forum home General Chat Products & best buys
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

baby support for carseat

Hi everyone!
My partner and I have just bought the maxi-cosi cabriofix carseat and we were hoping someone could recommend a good head and/or body support that would fit nicely in that carseat?
Any opinions or advice much appreciated!
Gill xx

Replies

• Options
    Did you not get the newborn support with the seat? Our Maxicosi came with a wedge to make the seat flatter and a newborn headhugger designed to fit the seat. I thought they all did so it's maybe worth checking with where you bought it.
    xx
  • Options
    I could do with some sort of head support for my son. The car seat did come with a raised bit with a head support but he is quite long for his age (only 13 weeks old) and I have had to take it out and use the car seat with no support.
  • Options
    yeah all the padding etc did come with the seat but we just wanted that little bit of extra support seeing as the roads are really bumpy near our house - first time parents can you tell? lol
  • Options
    I think you can get head supports things in Argos but in all honesty I think the head support with the maxi-cosi is enough unless your baby is really small - say under 6lb. I completely understand your new mum worries though - we thought our boy looked a bit vunerable in it to start with (was 7lb 6oz and went down to 6lb 7oz) but within just a few days they are much stronger and they seem less floppy and fragile. Even though my son still only weighs 8lb 4oz at 6 weeks he is much stronger and also 4cm longer!!

The maxi-cosi cabriofix is the safest carseat in that category so it's been fully tested and everything.
  • Options
    Thanks, youve kinda put my mind at rest, ive never really been around babies so i have no idea about anything!