Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

I give up..

I've posted before about the acne i've been experiancing and i know i shouldnt be expecting some over night cure but i'm so fed up with the whole thing.....its on my face and back and i'm getting so depressed. i just don't feel myself anymore i feel so ugly and unattractive that i don't want to bd as i'm sure dh thinks i'm ugly...... the new job isn't helping as i'm feeling so insecure tht ppl are looking at them..i know it sounds so vain but i can't help it!! The constant bleeding isn't helping either s i just feel so unclean all the time i just don't know what to do anymore. xxx

Replies

• Hi lilac - sorry to hear you're feeling so crap. I had acne as a teenager so I know what it does to your self-esteem.

I know it's really frustrating waiting for treatment to work too - I don't know if you've been prescribed anything but could the treatment be affecting your mood? Just wondered if you'd considered microdermabrasion. I went to a clinic last year (called SK:N) and they did wonders on the open pores I had left from squeezing too many spots when I was younger. The girl that did my skin there showed me before and after pictures of herself and I couldn't believe the difference. She had really angry looking red skin before and her skin is lovely now. However, I know your difficulty may be hormonal and related to your PCOS so not sure how much that would help. They do, however, do a free consultation so may be worth googling it as they have clinics nationwide.

Also, I've been using mineral make-up (from lilylolo.co.uk) on my skin which is 100% natural and it does a good job of at least reducing some of the redness of any spots I get (I seem to be getting loads more big spots around my jawline since I came off the pill).

Sorry I can't be more help - hope you're feeling better soon.

x

[Modified by: WEEGIE on September 27, 2008 05:22 PM]

• Hi Lilac

Boy it feels a while since our cervix checking days hey hun! Not sure if you saw my other post but I found out on Thurs that it looks like I also have pcos. I remember you posting when you were diagnosed and also about tube problems. Are you back on the pill now? Sorry if I'm being nosy but I always loved your helpful replies and here we now are on the long term ttc forum, shite!

I've read that the spots are a symptom of pcos so sorry you are suffering with that. Has your gp suggested anything to help? I've not got spots from it yet but have stuuuupid cycles, gaining weight (scares me big time) and areas with extra hair (big toes and legs!).

I've got a private gyno appt on Mon and will push for tests and meds, everything possible as quickly as possible. Have you had any more appts or are you still on a break.

I'm also looking into starting the GI diet as it's supposed to help, have you looked into it? Maybe it could help with your spots issues, worth checking out maybe hun. For now i'm pigging out and drinking alot though but think I derserve it for at least a few days.

Anyway I just wanted to catch up with you again but sorry you're feeling down at the moment (and that I'm bombarding you!). I'm also on a real downer too but I'm trying to hope for some help on Monday.

Penny x

p.s How's your new job going?
  • Hey Lilac,
    Don't give up hun. I suffer quite badly with acne and since coming off the pill it's got worse. I have PCOS and it is def one of my symptoms. I've been to doctors and have been given topical solution. Since breaking my leg i have loads of time on my hands to look after my skin and i now cleane and tone morning and night and use this solution once a day and my angry red spots have got so much better. I have two new ones at the mo but af is just leaving the building so thats why they were here.
    I hate going out when they are bad because even makeup doesn't cover them up becasue they normally look like Mount Etna.
    Anyway, just wanted to say you are not alone and try the docs to see if they can give you anything. I found that Clearasil products just dried my skin out.
    Keep smiling hun.
    Sxx
  • Thanks for your replies i'm just so fed up with it at the mo. I've been to the docs and she's just given me some topical solution that feels like my skin is being burnt off it has helped dry some of the spots but for every dry one a new one appears!! At the mo it just seems to be massing on my chin and jawline but there so painful its horrible! The worst painful ones seem to be on my back which is gross. Thanks weegie for the website i will try the mineral bits from there i have been using ones from Avon that a friend recommended and switched to tinted moisturiser rather than foundation... Slow- might try the toning as well i'm always clensing which i had wondered i was making it worse but hey ho! Porky- Sorry to hear you've been dignosed too! No i haven't gone back on the pill yet it seems kind pointless as i don't want to stop what small chance i have of getting pregnant nd i guess i'm hoping for my miriacle!! We're not on a break really but as i have no control over my periods and have no idea if i ov we just bd when we feel like it and live in hope....hopefully after my next gyne appointment in Nov i'll find out more as to whether we go on the waiting list for IVF or if they'll offer me something to unblock my tubes?! I'm kinda hoping they might just put the tube blockage down to endometreis and with the constant bleeding i'm getting offer me another scan to see if maybe somethings coming loose- who knows!!!!! xxxxxxxxxx
  • hi,

just wanted to say, i have had problems with acne for years, and i have also just started to use lily lolo (www.lilylolo.co.uk) make-up too, and my acne has started to clear up. They do a green blush away powder you put under the foundation which takes away all the redness. You can buy samples of all their products for under a pound each to let you try before you buy full size.

good luck,

Lisa xx
  • Porky- Sorry to hear you've been dignosed too! No i haven't gone back on the pill yet it seems kind pointless as i don't want to stop what small chance i have of getting pregnant nd i guess i'm hoping for my miriacle!! We're not on a break really but as i have no control over my periods and have no idea if i ov we just bd when we feel like it and live in hope....hopefully after my next gyne appointment in Nov i'll find out more as to whether we go on the waiting list for IVF or if they'll offer me something to unblock my tubes?! I'm kinda hoping they might just put the tube blockage down to endometreis and with the constant bleeding i'm getting offer me another scan to see if maybe somethings coming loose- who knows!!!!! xxxxxxxxxx

Hi Hun,

Hope you're feeling better today, I'm glad you're still around on here as I think the support is great and we all need that. We have our DH's but think that it's nice to just vent elsehwere too.

What CD are you on or don't you count now? I'm on CD80 but started the progesterone last night (posted another update today). I don't blame you for not wanting to go back on the pill, you do hear about miricles and like you I'm hoping for mine. I hope that time passes quickly for you so you can get to your next appt asap and find out more, I think the waiting around is hard. I'll keep everything crossed for you and hope they can work on your tubes x I'm hoping that my HSG will go well but I'm very very anxious of the results. Keep me updated hun, wishing you lots of luck!

Penny x