Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

How soon did you feel your babys first movements?

I am 15 weeks and know that the average time to feel the baby move is supposed to be 16-18 weeks, but was just wondering how far long people here were when they first felt baby move?

Lucretia

Replies

• Hi there!
    I was approx 15 weeks when i first felt a popping/fluttering feeling, then at 18 weeks i felt my 1st real kick, best feeling ever xx
    Sharon x
    http://bd.lilypie.com/96A8p1/.png

• Hi there!
    I was approx 15 weeks when i first felt a popping/fluttering feeling, then at 18 weeks i felt my 1st real kick, best feeling ever xx
    Sharon x
    http://bd.lilypie.com/96A8p1/.png

• Someone told me its about 18 weeks onwards to start to feel real feelings of the babies movements.

im only 9 weeks so i have a wee while to go but im so excited cant wait for the first kick!
  • Hiya!

I was 22 weeks before I felt my 1st LO move. This is now my second pregnanvy and I was around 15 weeks, just a little fluttering, but a proper kick a couple of weeks later. I agree with Sharon though......best feeling ever!!

Garfield
    38+0

• I started to feel movements between 15 - 16 weeks....i can feel my baby move in the day but it is mainly at night when i'm trying to sleep...your'e most likely to feel it when you are relaxing.
    The best feeling ever!!!

little missie x
    17 + 3
  • This is my 1st baby and I felt butterflies/popping when I was 14 weeks and then proper kicks at 18 weeks, im 30 weeks pregnant now and there so strong especially at night time when im trying to get to sleep, I dont mind it tho, I love it, its a magical feeling to feel your baby kicking and turning about. :\)
  • This is my 1st baby and I felt butterflies/popping when I was 14 weeks and then proper kicks at 18 weeks, im 30 weeks pregnant now and there so strong especially at night time when im trying to get to sleep, I dont mind it tho, I love it, its a magical feeling to feel your baby kicking and turning about. :\)
  • i'm 16 weeks and still haven't felt anything yet, i did read that it can happen with ur first baby anythime between 14wks and 22 wks, so quite a bit of leeway lol. hoping to start getting flutters soon.

one thing that confuses me tho is when ppl say it feels like butterflies, by this do they mean as in when u get butterlflies like when ur nervous etc and ur whole tummy turns lol? or like there is butterflies and u feel popping/ fluttering? probably a really dumb question but it has been bugging me cos i'm not quite sure what i shld be looking for lol

xx

http://women.evenhealth.com/image/c/bg893315.jpg

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev073pr___.png

• hehe I am the same Siany, no idea what to look for, but I am sure we will know when we feel it!

I am just anxious that I haven't felt it yet even though I know inside thats totally normal at this stage. I think with my bad cold at the moment I am perhaps just worrying about everything too much!
  • hehe yeh same here lucretia, altho i 'know' its pefectly normal not to have felt anything yet doesn't stop u worrying about it tho. how is ur cold doing? does it seem to be shifting at all yet?

xx
  • 17 weeks with my first
    15 weeks with my second
    and just over the 13 weeks with my 3rd, and i cant tell you how much of sock that was as i only found out i was pregnant 2 weeks before x
  • Hiya

I felt baby move around 16 weeks and it was just flutters/pops. Now I feel him/her most of the day and even in the night when I turn over (naughty baby!) and in the last week or so have got what I would say is a kick although hubby cant feel them yet. Hes never there when theres a bug kick! I love it though and cant wait til i get even bigger kicks that hubby can feel. Baby is wriggling away as i type actually!

It really an be any stage though so dont get worried if you dont feel anything for a little while, especially if its your 1st baby.

Anna xx
    http://bd.lilypie.com/YD3ap1/.png

• I was about 17 weeks in my first pregnancy, and felt little popping sensation below my belly-button. Its an amazing feeling, and youll know instantly what it is. I got pretty hefty kicks by about 22 weeks.
    Im 8 weeks pregnant again and cant wait to feel babba move this time.
  • It was 17 weeks when i felt movements, I didn't get any pops, it was like my stomach was flipping, like when you're nervous or on a rollercoaster.
    I started to feel kicks at 19 weeks.
    I think it all depends how the baby is lying though and where your placenta is.
    xxx
  • I felt the occasional flutter at 15 weeks but have started getting definite (and fairly regular) kicks since Sunday. It looks as if our small thing is a night owl, too - taking after its parents, according to my husband. image

It is an amazing feeling, although ask me again in a couple of months when it is keeping me awake at night!

Sorry, forgot to mention, I am just over 18 weeks now and this is my first pregnancy.

[Modified by: TheHistoryGirl on October 01, 2008 03:42 PM]

• thanks for the replies everyone! and nope siany, cold is not much better so thats another thing I am worried about, my coughing fits hurting the baby image

• Well I'm 20 weeks and haven't felt the baby move at all... no flutterings nothing. I must admit I was dreading today's scan in case something was wrong... and there was baby waving away!! Apparently I have an anterior placenta so that can dull the sensation of your baby moving so just to reassure you that just because you're 16 weeks and haven't felt anything doesn't necessarily mean there's a problem. Some of the pregnancy books say it could be as late as 24 weeks before you feel your baby move! HTH
  • I started feeling movements at 14 weeks, tickly flutters. 16 weeks now.
  • ive first felt mine 13+2 i couldnt believe it and im not thin either