Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Off the pill and trying for baby number 2 but scared!

Hi everyone,

Ive just come off the pill so hubby and i can start trying for our second child but part of me is scared. I really want another one and every time i think about another one i get excited but part of me is sooo scared about having 2 children and not being able to cope. Also im scared about birth as the first time round i had an awful time with a week in hospital and induction and then having to have an emergency c-section. im just wondering is this feeling normal?? is there anyone else who feels slightly scared?

Thanks

ME x

Replies

• ey hun your not alone my lo is 7 months old and i was induced it was awful but we are trying for number 3 ( i have 12 yr old from preious) i must be mad s ive been awake 48 hours now as lo got a cold and wont sleep but id do it all again ... thats what we do best.... cope we have to lol. x x hope we get bfps soon x
  • Hi MummyAmes.
    Good to have you on board.
    I am currently ttc no 4, and know ex what you mean when you say you are scared.
    Like you said its all about worrying if we can cope.I know so many people that feel the same hun.so try not to stress.
    I really hope you get you bfp soon.
    Its funny really as i worried if i could cope with number 2 but not 3 and 4.
    lol xxx look forward to chatting soon xxx
  • Thanks for that. It helps to know Im not alone in my silly thoughts!!
  • No worries hun.
    I also forgot to tell you that my first birth was a very bad experience for me, so I was scared too.
    My second birth was soooo easy, text book birth I call it.
    only just made it to the hospital and still half dressed.lol sorry tmi.
    xx
  • haha - thats so not fair!! im hoping mine will be a breeze second time round too. although they had indicated on my notes that I should have an elective c-sec as lost so much blood and said i had a condition called CPD where baby wont fit through pelvis. Whatever happens I dont want pain!! LOL!!!
  • Hi,

I to have just come off the pill, hubby and i are going to ttc no:3. which i never thought i would be doing as my previous 2 are now 6 and 7 yrs both settled at school and i work full time. The thought of another scares me a little it's the not knowing what life is going to be like and how will i cope going back to the baby stage again night feeds, sleepless night but on the other hand very exciting to. I have to say that both my pregnacies were good 12 hours in labour with 1st, 3 hours with the 2nd both different labours thou i dont think any two labours are the same you just have to go with what your body is telling you.

Good luck everyone ttc xxx
  • Hi,

I to have just come off the pill, hubby and i are going to ttc no:3. which i never thought i would be doing as my previous 2 are now 6 and 7 yrs both settled at school and i work full time. The thought of another scares me a little it's the not knowing what life is going to be like and how will i cope going back to the baby stage again night feeds, sleepless night but on the other hand very exciting to. I have to say that both my pregnacies were good 12 hours in labour with 1st, 3 hours with the 2nd both different labours thou i dont think any two labours are the same you just have to go with what your body is telling you.

Good luck everyone ttc xxx
  • Good for you trying for baby no. 3! i bet your 6 and 7 year old will love having a litte baby around!! yea im thinking about all those sleepless nights again and the colic. its is very scary even thinking about it. Alice (my daughter) was a very good baby and Ive heard so many stories of the second one being a little terror as a baby and toddler! PLEASE NO! haha. Im praying very hard!! LOL!!

A x x
  • hi there i think its a natural feeling to be scared im ttc no4 its hard work in all areas etc but we manage and im sure you will too.good luck x