Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

I miss being pregnant!

Hi everyone

I havent been on here in long time because i moved and didnt have internet.Last time i was here properly i was pregnant and it feels so weird coming onto this site and not really being a part of the pegnancy section anymore! I miss being pregnant and cant wait to have another baby but my son is SO demanding at the moment lol. He is 6 months and very spoilt, i had planned to hopefully get pregnant again when he wa around 9 months so they would have roughly an 18 month gap between them but the way he is at the moment i cant see that being a very good idea lol! I know 9 months will be alot of time and he prob will be alot different by then but can i take the risk? Does anyone else have 2 or more children with the same sort of time between? Would love to hear from you!

charlie x

[Modified by: charlie092 on 03 October 2008 11:47:28 ]

Replies

• I will never miss being pregnant!

kat 40+11xx
  • Aww bless ya

Trust me i was thinking that the last month of being pregnant! My baby was 8 days late and took 74 hours from 1st contraction to come out! I was thinking that i would never want to go through that again but when you weigh up the pro's and con's its definalty worth it!

good luck

charlie x
  • yes 9 months is a long time, but if your feeling now that you wont be able to handle a new baby with the demands that your son already has on your time i would hold of, as he still has the terrible 2s to go through and at this point most children get worse not better x
  • i would love to have a small age gap between children but my gp has advised me not to get pregnant again for 2 years so i'm gutted but it works out well because we're getting married in the summer of 2010 so we can ttc after our wedding and we have plenty of time to save x

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/21/2132/213237.png

• Hi,

I have a 5, 2 and 1 year old.

There are 14 months between number 2 and 3. And we are currently expecting number 4 (no. 3 will be 20 months old then) If that makes any sense.

Like you I am a bit worried because no.3 is a very demanding little boy! He might be a little bit spoilt (my own fault!) but is so affectionate that I think he will like having a baby to look after. Well, he certainly helps his big sisters look after the dolls.

I think, whenever it happens, a new baby is always tricky for everyone to get used to. It just worked out better for us to get them all 'out of the way!' quickly. I wouldnt want to have a new baby everytime the last one starts school because it would go on forever!!

That may sound mean but it's just the way things work best for us!
    At the end of the day, no matter what the age gap you will cope- you'll find a new routine, siblings will fight and you'll be one lovely happy family!!!

Good luck with whatever you decide xx

• ohhh im not enjoying pregnancy an only almost 11 weeks image but couldn't imagine having children so close, we'd like about a 3 yr gap gives us time to enjoy everything with him/her. but my cousin had two in same yr ,, Remi in january 2nd an Dominic december 17th, an he had problems at 1st,not good. i think its silly. But you need to think about whats best for your unit an your body hun,, good luck with your lil busy monster ,, aww

~*'-'*~ Millions n Billions of PMA ~*'-'*~
    ~*'-'*~ BabyDust n Sparkles~*'-'*~
    ~*'-'*~????? Fingers crossed~*'-'*~
    hugs
    leea
    xxxx
    http://bd.lilypie.com/WP3mm7/.png

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/car114py___.png

• hi ya

thanx for all your replies, i think we will just see how things are after xmas and then have a chat about it.I just think its nice to have childen close together so they can enjoy each other more, i think maybe its because i grew up on my own i was 9 when my little brother came along so we are not that close really. Obviously it depends on your circumstances aswell, there has to be more reason to have another baby other than the age gap.

Leea it does get better, i didnt really enjoy it at first because i was worrying so much due to previous miscarriage but the second timester was definatly great for me.When you start feeling the baby and start showing, it makes it seem more real, and when you hear the heartbeat its amazing! You will have your first scan soon aswell wont you? honestly it gets better, until the last month when you can barely do anthing lol!

good luck
    charlie x
  • Aww im loving my pregnancy! Best thing EVER! But maybe thats cos ive not had any probs/sickness etc, only thing ive had is this damn kidney infection ive got at moment, but i truly am enjoying the movements, the bump growing each day etc lol. I defo will miss my bump when it goes away, but weve said we'd like 2-3 years between this one and next, but we shall see, i might change my mind lol.
    Everyone's lives and situations are different and i wouldnt call it silly to have another one close in age, its a good idea if you can manage.
    Take Care
    Sharon x
    http://bd.lilypie.com/96A8p1/.png

• Hiya MrsJohnston

Your at my faourite bit of pregnancy, not too big but howing enough for people t know your pregnant rather than putting o a few pounds lol. Itslovely isn't it feeling them moving about, it does get bit uncomfy towards the end i got really swollen ankles when i was 39 wks but then we had spent 2 days constantly on our feet moving house! I wasnt sick either, i felt it constanly for about 2 weeks right at the begining but thats it. My labour was horrible, think it was gods way of saying "now look you had a good pregnancy so we cant ljust et you sail through labour can we?" lol

All worth it in the end though.
    charlie x
  • I'm exactly the same, my LO is 3 months today and I can't wait to have another. We were also planning an 18 month age gap, but I don't think I could wait that long now. I love being a mummy, and find it so rewarding that the hard work with 2 would be worth it. I also don't want to be feeling like a zombie forever, so want to get all the breastfeeding and sleepless nights part done (unless they decide to be the children that never sleep!), and to watch them all grow up together being close and able to do the same activities (for example all enjoy it when we go on day trips rather than my oldest enjoy it and the others be too young). I can't wait!

xxx
  • Forgot to say though, I wasnt a big fan of the pregnancy part so not looking forward to that again as was one thing after another with me, sick and fainting constantly and in and out of hospital, but will be looking forward to meeting our little ones. xxx
  • hhehe awwwwww, i had my scan yesterday, an today i feel hungry an sicky but i feel better thanx hun, Yes just carnt wait to get over the sicky feelin an enjoy my baby growing inside an get my bump i aint exactly skinny but having a bump is different an carnt wait.. take care

~*'-'*~ Millions n Billions of PMA ~*'-'*~
    ~*'-'*~ BabyDust n Sparkles~*'-'*~
    ~*'-'*~????? Fingers crossed~*'-'*~
    hugs
    leea
    xxxx
    http://bd.lilypie.com/WP3mm7/.png

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/car114py___.png

• i have just under 4 years between my two and its worked out great because my son is at nursery now which makes it much easier for me. I'm also getting married in 2010 and the oh is hoping to concieve the next one on our wedding night.

Lisa xxx

[Modified by: bringiton on October 04, 2008 05:48 PM]