Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

birth plan

hay girls

i only have 5 weeks left today and i no left a bit late but wondered what to wriet in my birth plan i got some ideas down but not sure if its enough any one else done or stuck on what to put in theres ???

loren
http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev320pps__.png

Replies

• hi i did a birth plan with my other 3 babies, and well one out of 3 aint bad i suppose!! only got what i had planned for my 2nd!! im on my 4th and i think i am just gonna go with the flow!! xx good luck xx
  • i decided agains it with my last two and aslo with this little one as i know that if i had a plan and things started to change from the plan that i would start to become more panicked and freek out x
  • hi,

i think there is the potential that any birth plan can change. and i have heard some midwives dont even look at them. but there are certain things if you feel strongly about you could mention anyway.

i have 3 and half weeks left and have yet to do one. but i will be writing a few ideas down.

-i dont want an epidural or morphine/pethadine but would like to be offered it if required.
    -i want baby delivered straight to my chest and not cleaned first
    -i want my partner to cut the cord
    -vitamin k given to baby by injection, not orally.

other things i will include when i decided will be- i haven't found out the sex of my baby so will write whether i want the midwife to tell me or to find out ourselves when baby passed to us. if i want to have the injection to speed up delivery of placenta or if i want to let it delivery naturally.

i am sure i will think of other things but for me they are the main issues i want control over.

good luck with it.

kate 36+3
    xxxx
  • well ive now decided to write one just in case and ill decxided at the time wether ill use it or go with the flow image thanks for advice ladies

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev320pps__.png

• i have got one, but mainly because i like writing things down! i no what i do want and dont want-hopfully!!!! so i will remember anyway and so does OH/MUM who will be at birth. if they want copy i will give them one if not like i say i no what i want and am aware that i no things can change these plans anyway.