Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Prams

Sorry I know this has probably been done a hundred times before, but can anyone recommend a pram/travel system with a carry cot which is likely to last a baby until it is 6 months old please?

Going out to look at prams on Sunday with dh so it would be extremely useful to know what you have already.

Thanks

Susan
24+3

Replies

• its ridiculous the amount of choice there is for prams! i think in the end you have to go for one which you feel the most comfortable with, everyone has an opinion good or bad about every model.

we have gone for the bebe loola up. it has a separate carrycot which will last baby right the way through until they can sit up. we have gone for the works, carrycot, car seat & pushchair. all just clip onto the chassis, i test drove it around mothercare, must have looked like a weirdo but hey ho!
    its not cheap tho- we have done a deal with a local baby supplier and he is doing us everything for ??700 (this includes all the different rain covers, change bag, cat seat base etc)

look in mothercare they have a great selection and are really helpful.

good luck!

rachel
    27 + 4
  • Hi Rachel
    The loola is the one of the ones I saw on the intranet and thought gosh it is expensive. Do you think it is worth the cost based on the range of prams you saw?

Is it easy to convert into a pushchair and change the parts about?
    Do you need to take many things off or unclip lots of things to convert it from one thing to another?
    Did the carrycot look quite big - like it could be bigger than a moses basket or compare to other ones you looked at?

Sorry for loads of questions but am grateful for your help.

Susan
  • we think we are going to go with the joolz from mamas and papas. it comes in different colours and you can change from car seat to 'normal seat' to carry cot and they literally just click on and off. The back wheelsare quite far apart so you dont kick the wheels if you take widestrides (hubby particually liked this) and the handle is adjustable. also it folds down really small which is important to us because we have a mini.
  • We have gone for the Mamas and Papas Pliko travel system. They have it reduced at the moment. I guess they are going to introduce a new colour soon or something. We went for a travel system and car seat plus Isofix base unit. It was expensive, about ??500ish.

Mamas and Papas also do a layaway type payment system, where you can pay a bit towards it each month, so by the time we come to collect it we will have paid it all off, without having to stump up such a huge amount up front.

Happy shopping!

:\)
  • Sorry I know this has probably been done a hundred times before, but can anyone recommend a pram/travel system with a carry cot which is likely to last a baby until it is 6 months old please?

Going out to look at prams on Sunday with dh so it would be extremely useful to know what you have already.

Thanks

Susan
    24+3 ive seen one in babies rus that comes with the car seat and base and a carry cot and a foot muff, for ??279.99 x comes in carmal and beige or black and sliver by graco
  • i have the loola too which i got for my daughter when she was about 6 months old as the first travel system i had was huge for buses and boot of car, and i love it the loola as the seat unit can face forwards or towards you which is brilliant when the baby is a little older and wants to sit up slightly but still face you. My lo faced me until she was 8 months old and then i turned it so she faced the other way and she loved it. Also small enough for bus etc. I am now pregnant with #2 and we are just going to buy the car seat for the loola as it just attaches straight on to the frame very easily and also looks great! I also have the changing bag which just clips on to the pushchair and that has always been very handy and also the cozy toes which was brilliant for winter last year (she is too big for it now), it is very warm and snug. Also goes down easily and is small once collapsed incase you have a smaller car etc.
    http://b2.lilypie.com/j2jmp1/.png

http://bd.lilypie.com/d9vlp1/.png

• yeah the loola looks pretty easy to use we fiddled around in mothercare getting used to it.
    everything just clips onto the chassis in one movement so easy!
    i have a polo so we had to re-think the pram as we had originally opted for the silvercross freeway but it was too big!
    the loola chassis is so compact- folds to nothing.
    the carrycot is big- i'd say no bigger than a moses basket- turned upside down it fitted neatly ontop of the chassis in my boot wirh room for shopping as well i think.
    i love the fact that baby can face you or away from you- having that option is brilliant.
    we looked at loads- we didnt like the mamas and pappas prams they looked really cheaply made- my brother in law had one and had nothng but problems with it.
    in the end we opted for the bebe as its the no 1 selling model in europe and has all the safety requirments we were looking for.
    apparantly next year its going to be re-branded as a Quinny as no one in England has heard of Bebe. its the same company which makes Bebe, Quinny & Maxi cosi.

anyway i really think you have to go for what feels best for you and what suits your needs.
    good luck!
    xxx
  • bailey_b we like the joolz too just trying to convince OH that its worth ??560 with car seat i soo think it is image
    claire x
  • it is a really nice pram. joolz is definitly our favourite so far, the only down side is that the basket undeneath is very small, but we could cope with that x the lady at mamas and papas said we could pay a 'refundable deposite' and then pay it off a bit at a time whenever we have the cash.....and we could change our colour choice up to 2 weeks before we pick it up...so that gives us plenty of time to change our mind..especially when we know the sex. i think we are going to go with this one.