Forum home Toddlers & older children Potty training

POTTY TRAINING HELP - No.2's!

HI ALL,

MY DAUGHTER IS 2 YEARS AND 10 MONTHS AND IS JUST TACKLING POTTY TRAINING AND VERY WELL, SHE IS NOW USING THE TOILET AND NOT THE POTTY. ALTHOUGH THE POTTY IS ALWAYS AT HAND AND WE HAVE A DISPOSABLE ONE FOR WHEN WE ARE OUT AND ABOUT.

MY TROUBLE IS NO.2'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHE WEES BRILLIANTLY ON THE TOILET / POTTY AND ASKS MOST OF THE TIME, SOMETIMES I ASK HER AND THEN SHE GOES BUT DOING A POO SHE ALWAYS DOES IN HER KNICKERS!

IS THIS SOMETHING THAT WILL JUST COME WITH TIME?

WE DONT SHOUT AND TELL HER OFF WHEN SHE DOES IT BUT I DO TELL HER IT IS NOT RIGHT AND SHE SHOULD DO POOS ON THE TOILET LIKE SHE DOES HER WEES AND MUMMY WILL HELP HER AN ALL THAT STUFF.

IT GOES IN ONE EAR AND OUT OF THE OTHER SHE JUST LOVES TO POO IN HER KNICKERS!!!

I'M NOT BEEN FUNNY BUT A NEARLY 3 YEAR OLD POO IS NOT FUNNY AND I JUST THROW THE KNICKERS AWAY MOST OF THE TIME.

I HAVE EVEN PROMISED HER A BIG PRESENT IF SHE CAN BE A BIG GIRL AND DO A POO ON THE TOILET BUT THAT DOESN'T EVEN WORK.

HELP ANYONE PLEASE?

LEILA X

Replies

• Hi Leila,i am in exactly the same position as you,so i look forward to seeing any replies to this topic!!
    My son is 2yrs 5 months and has mastered weeing on the toilet but like your lo is pooing in his pants all the time,we know when he's done it as he hides in the corner!!
    Good luck,im sure they'll get there! xx
  • wat it with toddlers and poo.lol
    oliver is fine using potty for a wee but he will either go and hide somewhere quiet and poo on the floor or bring me a nappy for him to poo in. he does like his privacy though and even in a nappy goes of somewhere quiet to do it. i thought about leaving him alone with potty hoping its just a privacy thing but after reading posts about eating poo im now not sure its a good idea

hope some good advice comes up. xx

[Modified by: kirst3 on October 27, 2008 01:57 PM]

• Yippee she has done a poo on the potty :lol:

I knew she was dying to go as she starts looking all funny in the face and disappeared into the play room out of sight, so I took the potty in there and sat her on it with all her toys around her and said Mummy is going to watch the telly now.

I know she likes to do it in private - lol.

A few minutes later she shouted Mummy I've not done one but I knew I could detect a whiff! Bless her she had done one. I showed her what she had done and she looked a little shocked bless her but I praised her big time and made a fuss and we rang Daddy at work and he has told her he will bring a present home for her.

Whooooohooooo. One poo down the rest to go.

Leila xx
  • Wooohooo!! Lets hope this is the start of it,good luck for the rest of the week!! x
  • Still having a blooming nightmare with no.2's!

Wees are ok unless she is playing and distracted too much and she still has the odd accident, like 4 sets of clothes later the other day!

But no.2's she screams when I mention the toilet or potty and is happy to sit there with a stinky poo in her knickers.

I hope this passes soon.

I guess she is just lazy and not bothered by mess.

Leila x