Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

baby bag crisis!!!!!!!!!!

can ne 1 plz help me wat do i put in my baby bag i av baby grows sleep suits doddys bottles mits
pajamas change of clothes blankets is der any tin else i need????

Replies

• hi i really don't know as this is my first, i think u may find u get better responses if u post this on either the baby or labour and birth forums, as all the women on there will have already been thru it

xx
  • hi,
    i have recently packed mine and it includes
    breast pads
    nighties
    maternity pads
    big knickers
    dark towel
    slippers
    dressing gown
    toiletries
    ipod
    snacks
    baby vests
    sleepsuit
    a blanket
    bootees
    scratch mittens
    hat
    nappies
    baby wipes
    cotton wool balls
    baby going home outfit
    snowsuit (due in 8 days so will be cold)
    muslim squares
    bibs
    a teddy
    change for car parking/machines
    list of numbers for partner
    camera and batteries

i have included plain white vest, hat and sleepsuit which i am happy to get ruined as its likely baby will have bits of blood, vernix etc for a bit.
    you will also need to have a car seat ready for when taking baby home. and finally dont forget your maternity notes.

there are probably more that other people will add. it seems a lot but i have managed to get it all into a sports bag size bag.

Finally you need to consider your feeding options. i see you have put bottles on list. if you are planning on bottle feeding you may need to take formula as some hospitals wont provide this. you can find this out from the hospital in advance though.

all the best
    kate 38+6
    xxxx
  • you wont need bottles

i have blankets, the shawl, going home outfit including socks shoes and jacket.
    3 vests, 3 sleepsuits, a hat, scratch mits, nappies, wipes, sacks, nappy cream and dummies. this is what i have in babys bag

in mine i have
    breast pads
    maternity pads
    make up
    towels
    nighties
    underware
    2 changes of clothes
    shampoo/conditioner
    socks
    house coat
    a magazine
    camara
    a roll on
    still need to pack toothbrush and hair brush but will do them before leaving the hospital.