Forum home General Chat Products & best buys

Double buggy help

Hi

My first baby is twelve months and i am due my second in Feb.

I am absolutely terrible at buying prams, the last time i just bought the first one I was shown in the shop. I tend to panic in the shops as there is too much think about and don't properly weigh things up and i am heading for the door within two minutes

I have been looking at the Phil & Teds Vibe. I would prefer inline as i already struggle getting my Silvercross 3D through the front door and some shop doorways so i have ruled out a side by side one. The Phil & Teds only has one handle (see not too up on the technology speak) I am worried about whether there will be enough room for shopping.

So here are my neccesities:

Good for a newborn (must lie flat) as well as a toddler

Lots of space for shopping

Easy to push and manouvre

Will it fit in a Ford Focus (although hoping to be buying an estate if and when hubby pulls his finger out).

Relatively light in weight

easy to fold down

I am sure there are other things that are important so happy to take advice as I am completely clueless

Thanks for any help

Bec

(twelve month old very lively Emilia and nearly 27 weeks with no. 2)

Replies

• HI

I bought a 2nd hand one off ebay and got it yesterday my baby is 8 months and i'm 4 months pregnant.

I used it today round tesco and i loved it it hasn't got much room in the shopping basket but you can buy pannier bags that attach to the sides that will hold more shopping.

I have a Ford Puma and it fits in that not much room for much else but it fits!!! lol.

its also really easy to fold up compared to my M&P Luna.
  • HI

I bought a 2nd hand one off ebay and got it yesterday my baby is 8 months and i'm 4 months pregnant.

I used it today round tesco and i loved it it hasn't got much room in the shopping basket but you can buy pannier bags that attach to the sides that will hold more shopping.

I have a Ford Puma and it fits in that not much room for much else but it fits!!! lol.

• HI

• Thanks for your help.

I went and had another look at it again today and definitely think it is the one I am going to go for. There is always ways round the shopping bag issue will have to look inot the pannier bags.

The only other one i think might be suitabke is a Mia Moda tandem but I cannot find any decent pisctures anywhere or anywhere local to me that stocks it so that is kind of ruling it out.
  • What do you think of this one

http://www.graco.co.uk/en_GB/product/6K99/CIT/

I'm struggling, because I don't like the phil n teds, I do like the look of this one though. Like you I want 2 handles x
  • That does look nice, I've been looking at the Graco ones as I had one of their travel systems for my little boy so have the car seat which attaches, so it would be nice to have a tandem buggy that I can still use the car seat with.

The one I had seen was this one http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_45_10751_-1_14051_53411_10001_14051
    although it has mixed reviews so I think I would want to go and have a good look at it before I made my mind up. My husband is still determined we won't need one! But with my lo being 17 months when the next baby is due I think he is dreaming!
  • I used the Graco car seat with Emilia as well. I will have to go and have a proper look at them.

The only thing that concerns me is the length - I worry with them being out so far in front when crossing roads etc but i wount be able to tell until I have pushed one round the shop.
  • Hiya

we've looked around at these, and have decided to get the mia moda tandem. image

you can buy it brand new off ebay, which is what we'll be doing.
    I think i read somewhere though that its not suitable for children under 2 1/2, but Ollie will be just under 2 when the next one arrives. He can walk quite far, and hates being fastened in for long periods, so for us its perfect as he can sit or stand etc whilst still being harnessed in.

xxxx
  • I had one of those on my list but I could only ever find one picture of it although it's meant to do loads of different things. I have just found some pictures on ebay but I would like to see it in the flesh and don't know of any shops that stock it. I didn't realise about the 2 1/2 bit - it may not be suitable for me.

I was also looking at an Emmaljunga except they are side by side but again don't know of any shops that stock them so i could actually look at one
  • Hi

I have twins and have a Jane Twin Two. It has LOADS of shopping space underneath, can be steered (ish!) with one hand and both seats are suitable from birth up to three years - and if you buy a matrix or rebel pro car seat (Also from Jane) it fits onto the frame at the back, leaving the front seat for a toddler.

I highly recommned the pram and you can get them second hand on ebay. (mine was a year old and cost ??180 - though we bought the car seats new)

HTH!!

Found a good picture here: (seems car seat can go front or back, lol) http://www.babygear.co.uk/appl/productlink.php?product_id=12497&comp_id=165&subm_id=14202411

Oh and the power twin may also be suitable, but I couldn't use it as only one seat is ok from birth!!

[Modified by: twinnymummy on November 06, 2008 01:46 PM]

[Modified by: twinnymummy on November 06, 2008 01:47 PM]

• lol, I should think of everything I want to say before I post!

Also meant to add that it fits in a Ford Focus!! We have a C-Max, but also had a Focus for two weeks when it went wrong and we had no problems getting it in the boot!!