Forum home Babies Baby

Gloves

Does anybody know where I can buy gloves that have string attached to them...the ones that you thread through a coat so that children can't drop them. My little boy keeps losing his gloves and it's costing me a fortune!

Replies

• i have also been looking for some
    last year i stitched a long bit of wool to them. shame i couldnt do it for shoes and socks! lol
    xx
  • Erm..yes I do but its not much help! Apparently you can get them in finland - so says my friend who has some for her son.

You can't buy them any more because of health and safety apparently - cause kids could strangle themselves on the strings!! I've bought some elastic and I'm gonna sew them to Cole's mittens cause otherwise they'll last 5 mins!
  • I remember when i was little, my mum would plait a few strands of different coloured wool to make a string. Iknow its not a great deal of help but it might spark sp creative ideas?
  • I remember when i was little, my mum would plait a few strands of different coloured wool to make a string. Iknow its not a great deal of help but it might spark sp creative ideas?

Yes my mum used to do this too. I'd heard this practice had been discouraged though due to accidents with strangulation etc

I've just bought Lily a new winter coat and the gloves were attached to the sleeves with buttons which is great. Lily will not keep her gloves on, but at least when she pulls them off they're still attached to the coat!
    Just wondered if perhaps you could make something similar by stitching a small strip of material with a button hole to each glove and then sewing a button to the inside of the sleeve. Bit of a faff though!