Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Recipes for a 10 month old?

Hi ladies. Im getting better in the kitchen but im struggling at the mo finding new ideas for holly to try. She loves jamie olivers spag bol with the baby rice or pasta, she also loves cauliflower cheese. But im stuggling to think of new recipies to try that may be added to her favourites. I am having so much trouble with meat as its always too tough to leave unpureed. What do you guys do?
Thank you so much in advacnce. Oh and by the way i do have annabel karmels book which is fab, but hollys not so keen on most of the recepes in there.

Replies

• Argh! forum ate my post!!

HAve you tried soup at all? We have made the veg and lentil soup from the gina ford book and are gonna try the tomato soup soon. I can type up the recipes if you want. WE've also made the leek & potato puree recipe from annabel karmal as soup too - its in the 6-9 month section. Cole likes that mixed with squash.

What is the spag bol recipe? I'm thinking of making something like that to try for cole as he ate the mince out of his dads crispy pancake last night so hoping he might like something like that!
  • Harry loves omelettes at the minute.. or egg 'fried' rice (boiled rice with peas and scrambled egg), ooh and soup is brilliant! Though i have to make it thick otherwise harry doesn't understand why he's being spoonfed water! Lol xxx
  • whalemummy- bless, having vision of this confused kiddo now! Thanks, i will try the egg fried rice. I have tried scrambled egg and Hollys not keen (even with tom sauce, bad mummy!)

Kia- Id love the recipe please. How do i ensure its thick? Im so stupid when it comes to cooking im afraid. And whenever i make soup it is so runny. I will try and post the spag bol recipe for you.
  • Here is the recipe. Be warned..it makes a lot! 5 icecube trays full, plus a litre jug, plus a big feeder cup full (hubby took it to work for lunch!) plus about an inch and a half worth in the bottom of a t upperware tub! I did make the stock for it too, but after that i discovered that boots sell stock cubes for babies so buggered if i'm making it again!!

Winter Veg & Lentil soup
    (from 8 months - mashed)
    Makes 2.5litres
    Suitable for freezing

1 tbsp olive oil
    2 med onions, peeled & chopped
    2 sticks celery, trimmed and chopped
    6 med potatoes, peeled
    6 med carrots, peeled
    2.2 litres (4 pints) veg stock
    225g (8oz) red lentils rinsed under cold running water
    1 tsp dried mixed herbs
    1 small turnip, peeled
    2-3 tbsp tomato puree
    1 medium leek washed & chopped

heat oil, add onions & cook for 2-3 mins, then add celery, 1 diced potato and 1 sliced carrot and cook for a further 3-4 mins

Add the stock, lentils & mixed herbs & bring to the boil then simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat, allow to cool and puree till smooth.

Dice remaining carrots and potatoes and the turnip into even sized chunks and add to the mix.

Bring to the boil, add the tomato puree and leek and simmer for a further 20-30 minutes.

We actually pureed it again after this cause cole is no way ready for eating chunks of veg and it came out pretty thick - its a good thick mush. The leek and potato one from the AK book - that wasn't so thick but we doubled up the recipe and think hubby forgot to double up the fromage frais so i think that was the problem there.

Will type up the tomato soup later but not now...Heroes is on now!!