Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

weeks or months?

hi all this might sound so thick but jayden was born on the 29th may so hes 24 weeks dos that mean hes 6 months? coz i thought that be end of november? sorry if i sound thick lol thank x

Replies

• It's confusing isn't it!!! As there are 52 weeks in a year, I would say that 26 weeks is 6 months. I think my hv has a chart which shows weeks converted to months...........off to google it!
  • Hi there my LO is also 24 weeks (as born on 27th May) and that sounds like 6 months based on there being 4 weeks in each month but sometimes there are 4 weeks plus 2 or 3 days which adds up to another week is why i would say 26 weeks is 6 months as that will bring you closer to the right day of the month

I hope that makes sense xx
  • yeh that makes sense thanks xx
  • Month's normally refers to calendar months and not actual weeks. So you could say if your LO was born on 4th Nov he would be 3 months on 4th Feb, but he wouldn't necessarily be 12 weeks old 'cos there isn't always 4 weeks in a month.
    If that makes sense to you....!